Is Saltarelle a good make?

This baby is still for sale, 6 months after I saw it in his workshop, but at the time he couldn't tell me what make it was, and it has no name on it.

Is Saltarelle a good make, and is 700 euros a reasonable price, or is he having a laugh?

I'm wondering why he still has it, really. Either the price is too high, or he was right when he said I'm the only person playing an English in the whole of Languedoc-Roussillon, which means I am his only market, lol!

http://www.leboncoin.fr/vi/71815533.htm?ca=13_s

Today, 700 euros = 942 dollars, or 662 pounds.

Hmmmm, yes, they do look suspiciously alike, don't they? :huh:

Also, I've looked at Saltarelle's website, and I can't find any concertinas there.

It's a shame, because it's right on my doorstep, so I don't have to get on a plane to try it out. :)

The description of it says that it's brand new, never played, comes with a hard case and a one-year guarantee.

Hmmmm, yes, they do look suspiciously alike, don't they? :huh:

Also, I've looked at Saltarelle's website, and I can't find any concertinas there.

It's a shame, because it's right on my doorstep, so I don't have to get on a plane to try it out. :)

The description of it says that it's brand new, never played, comes with a hard case and a one-year guarantee.

Just buy a rochelle jackie or elise unseen...

There's a logo on the top of the instrument, but it's difficult to see from the angle it's photographed. It might be the Saltarelle butterfly logo together with a name.

I believe Saltarelle don't manufacture accordions themselves, they are made by different factories and simply badged for them. It's possible that Saltarelle may have rebadged Stagi concertinas to sell under their own brand, although I've never heard of them in connection with concertinas.

There's a logo on the top of the instrument, but it's difficult to see from the angle it's photographed. It might be the Saltarelle butterfly logo together with a name.

I believe Saltarelle don't manufacture accordions themselves, they are made by different factories and simply badged for them. It's possible that Saltarelle may have rebadged Stagi concertinas to sell under their own brand, although I've never heard of them in connection with concertinas.

We had this same discussion reaching the same conclusion back in 2004.