1916 36 Button Linota

Paul Read

Selling for a friend, this is a beautiful 1916 Wheatstone Linota model 61 in C/G. It will be on offer here for a week before going to Ebay. It was restored about a year ago by the South African maker Willie Van Wyk and a has an 8-fold set of his bellows which are as good as any I have seen. Two downsides are that someone has installed extra screws through the ends at the points and also someone has painted the action board red (very South African). That said, it is in superb condition and it's a fantastic player with very fast action and that beautiful Linota sound. This would make a superb session instrument. The model 61 was the 36-button version of the absolute top anglo model made by Wheatstone. I'm looking for offers in the region of US$8,000. More pictures and MP3 can be arranged for anyone seriously interested

post-207-1267906363505_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paul Read

Given that a less than top model 36 button Wheatstone from 1937 went at auction unrestored fopr £2100, plus buyers premium, VAT and restoration costs, it'd be a shame if this didn't fetch rather more?

Alex

It's back on ebay with a buy-it-now price.Linota I'm selling it for a friend. At this price I may but it myself!

A buy it now price of $7,700 and a starting bid of $7,000? Doesn't leave much room to maneuver, does it?

I wanted to just put a buy-it-now but they don't seem to let you do that. If you're seriously interested, try manoevering on c.net - or are you just criticising?

Seriously interested? Heavens, no. I've already exceeded my concertina budget for a good long while. And am having enough trouble on the English without trying to pick up an Anglo. =)

I meant no offense-- I just thought I'd seen buy-it-now prices without auction prices, like you tried to set up, and figured if you had an auction price as well, you'd forseen some bidding, which (I think you'll agree) would be strange.

Now I understand, and withdraw the question.

• 3 weeks later...

Selling for a friend, this is a beautiful 1916 Wheatstone Linota model 61 in C/G. It will be on offer here for a week before going to Ebay. It was restored about a year ago by the South African maker Willie Van Wyk and a has an 8-fold set of his bellows which are as good as any I have seen. Two downsides are that someone has installed extra screws through the ends at the points and also someone has painted the action board red (very South African). That said, it is in superb condition and it's a fantastic player with very fast action and that beautiful Linota sound. This would make a superb session instrument. The model 61 was the 36-button version of the absolute top anglo model made by Wheatstone. I'm looking for offers in the region of US$8,000. More pictures and MP3 can be arranged for anyone seriously interested

It's back on ebay but still available here. Price negotiable around the ebay list price.Linota