mini wheatstone

Marien

I noticed it this morning and the zero feedback did make me wonder but having said that its not the only item he has for sale, i can not recollect seeing it before.

Mike

Looks like a real life replica of the concertina iPhone app from Eskin :lol:

This interesting miniature Wheatstone in England is a real bidders gadget. There is no feed back of the seller. Have we seen this one before?

Marien

I want, I want :wub: (but I can't have it)

ps looks like it's a duet from the layout and the ledgers.

Chris

Chris

I'm pretty sure this is a miniature anglo - 29816 (marked AG in the ledger)

very cool. would love a mini but have to be sensible!

Chris

I'm pretty sure this is a miniature anglo - 29816 (marked AG in the ledger)

very cool. would love a mini but have to be sensible!

Yes, AG (presumably Anglo) - I must have read the line above.

From looking at that page, they made a whole batch of miniatures, 12 english, 3 duet and 3 AG

Chris

I just talked to the seller on the phone, because I didn't beleive him, that it played the same note on push and pull. He seems to be a nice man, but doesn't know anything about concertinas... I heart him play push and pull on several buttons over the phone - and it is definítely not an anglo ( despite the ledgers )!!!!! So either the ledger is wrong or it has been converted to Duet at some stage ( it is definitely not an ES mini! ). So either there is the extremely rare chance, to play a Duet mini - or convert it to Anglo...

There is a new policy with ebay that they do not allow foreign bidders, unless the seller has at least 10 positive feedbacks. So do not risk a last minute bid, but get in touch with Marcus and ask him to enable you as a bidder ( which is possible ).

I just talked to the seller on the phone, because I didn't beleive him, that it played the same note on push and pull. He seems to be a nice man, but doesn't know anything about concertinas... I heart him play push and pull on several buttons over the phone - and it is definítely not an anglo ( despite the ledgers )!!!!! So either the ledger is wrong or it has been converted to Duet at some stage ( it is definitely not an ES mini! ). So either there is the extremely rare chance, to play a Duet mini - or convert it to Anglo...

There is a new policy with ebay that they do not allow foreign bidders, unless the seller has at least 10 positive feedbacks. So do not risk a last minute bid, but get in touch with Marcus and ask him to enable you as a bidder ( which is possible ).

29815 was a duet in the ledgers ... maybe the serial number stamp is a bit blurred.

Chris

29815 was a duet in the ledgers ... maybe the serial number stamp is a bit blurred.

Chris

It definitely is 29816!!

How did it sound?

Oohhhh. Temptation.

Such a shame it's not Anglo. It's still tempting..

Yes, tempting... even if it is not an anglo.

--

Taka

And what, pray, do you lot intend to do with it if you did have it?

Only of interest to novelty acts and hoarders, I reckon.

I just talked to the seller on the phone, because I didn't beleive him, that it played the same note on push and pull. He seems to be a nice man, but doesn't know anything about concertinas... I heart him play push and pull on several buttons over the phone - and it is definítely not an anglo ( despite the ledgers )!!!!! So either the ledger is wrong or it has been converted to Duet at some stage ( it is definitely not an ES mini! ). So either there is the extremely rare chance, to play a Duet mini - or convert it to Anglo....

It definitely is 29816!!

I've seen a couple of duet miniatures on eBay over the years, and these buttons are laid out differently, like an anglo. But here's a speculation:

If the reeds are original -- and maybe even if they aren't -- could this be an attempt to
mini
mise a
Jeffries
duet layout? That would be like an anglo unfolded... the push notes in one row and the pull notes in the other row.

Then the A.G. notation in the ledger could be explained as referring to the pattern of the ends, rather than the note layout. There are other examples which suggest that possibility, such as a couple of known Englishes labelled "piccolo", where the ends are piccolo size, though the reeds sound in the treble range. Or my Pitt-Taylor duet, which in the ledger has a standard duet (what we call Maccann) model number, matching the size of the ends, and just the word "Special" to give any hint that it might be something else.

Buying it with the intent of converting it to an anglo would require replacing a goodly number of the reeds. If this instrument sounds the same note on push and pull for every button, then even if you move them around there would be exactly two of each note, which is not compatible with a standard anglo layout.