Stream to river flows

Alan Day

lovely Alsmile.gif I really think slow 4/4 airs give lots of space to drift along . If you play your tune more 3/4 it changes the feel significantly

Any chance of an ABc and a few clues about chords you feel go well with the melody? I'm just getting into that bag of tricks having played mainly Irish music for many years.

I try to keep them simple but ocasionally a minor or a 7th or a bass run makes me think Wow! that's nice.

Edited by michael sam wild

I have updated the recording to make the first part sound a little more like a stream. Also changed to my CG box to make it a little brighter. Will Fly will add a guitar to it when he comes back from France.

See what you think.

This tune was played at a Folk Club last night for the first time, well received I think, a few comments afterwards which is always nice.

Al :)

• 3 weeks later...

It's a very nice arrangement of your tune, Al, which is a nice tune by itself. Who knows what it will sound in a year's time when you play it then.

Chris

And here's the stream entering the cascade to fill the Duddon river which tumbles down into the wide estuary and into the Irish Sea and takes the tune out across the globe's oceans :) :) :) ...........

click to enlarge

Edited by Kautilya

The expression Go with the flow, springs to mind. <_<

Chris

I'lllend you my specs at the George - they are trying to swim UP against the stream... which SPRINGS from the plateau above surrounded by moun tains leading over to Bow Fell Great Gable, so think of the air and water pressure.

Actually you can also take shelter by swimming 'inside' the rocks as they have been carved out into little caves by the water bellowsing through.

On second thoughts, no specs - I will help you stand on the bridge from where the photo taken and you wont see how far the drop is into the deep pool which the local scallies jump into.

Free-music gathering even?

This is only about 20 minutes (the sea and lagoon is 20 minutes the other way) from where i thought would be nice sometime to have a long, unorganised, musical weekend in 30 bed/bunk dorm plus four small rooms .plus family annex in ancient long cottage I have access to.

It is next to much smaller Duddon Beck which runs along the bottom of the garden - seven quid a night for all facilities including heated floor showers and bring your own food and drink for self catering. Can;t get cheaper than that and no neighbours to worry about on the fells.........It is usually free much of the summer months particularly sunday night to Friday - and only 40 minutes drive from M6/Kendal and 30 mins Coniston.......... accordionisti welcome too.... :P

Edited by Kautilya

Thanks for the lovely comments and photo.It seems to work better as a slow air.

I am getting good comments where ever I play this tune.Mike and I are going to perform it at Horsham Folk Club on Sunday.

Although I got a very slow reaction on this site,I think you have to go with something you like and enjoy playing..

It was the same with The George after playing a tune a few times it was lovely when others joined in.

Others going with the flow.

Thanks for giving it a go Mike

Al :)

I've also noticed people are slow to give support. I don't think it's begrudging I think it may be that people are busy or just go on specific groups eg Buy and Sell or History. The Session, Mudcat and Melodeon Net seem to be more chatty.

I am on this network to interact socially and musically so I relish all that concertina net offers. Maybe I'm a bit more out of things than I was before I retired from aour session pub, and maybe I now have more time smile.gif

I just think Mike there is so much music available now. Just look at Leo's latest entry,like you I am now retired, but I still havn't listened to last weeks yet. In the early days of this site over a hundred downloads in the first week were not unusual. My first reaction was is it my playing or tunes or both that are disliked but I think the overload of recordings is mostly responsible.

Al

I just think Mike there is so much music available now. Just look at Leo's latest entry,like you I am now retired, but I still havn't listened to last weeks yet. In the early days of this site over a hundred downloads in the first week were not unusual. My first reaction was is it my playing or tunes or both that are disliked but I think the overload of recordings is mostly responsible.

Yeah, I have a hard time getting through all the stuff posted too, I wish there was a little more to go on.

But the reason I didn't post to this thread is that I'd like to say something more useful than "wow, neat, I like it!", but I can't think of anything. So I'll just say that.

Yeah, I have a hard time getting through all the stuff posted too, I wish there was a little more to go on.

But the reason I didn't post to this thread is that I'd like to say something more useful than "wow, neat, I like it!", but I can't think of anything. So I'll just say that.

That's more than good enough for me Boney, many thanks.

A very good response at Horsham Folk Club last night.

Al

That's the same for me Al; one runs out of things to say; it's not that I think something is rubbish so I stay quiet*, it just becomes hard to say anything that doesn't seem repetitive, or hackneyed, so I don't instead.

*Actually it is sometimes, but you're pretty safe.