FOLKUS 2010 - some melodeon crossover to tina potential

Kautilya

This is one of a number of interesting items from the FOLKUS Feb 5/7 2010 beginners and etc weekend at Waddow.

There were only three tinas there (not on the official teaching agenda but hiding away and making a few notes in the middle of the night sessions which were mainly song and guitar).

I have looked for this Penny for the Ploughboy song/toon played on concertina but not found: but perhaps someone else may have more luck:

OR someone might play and record it for us on tina>>> :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pete Coe plays melodeon and sings Penny for the ploughboys ( by Colin Cater)

mvi_8418.wmv

FOLKUS 2010 WADDOW CLITHEROE LANCS UK

good singalong tune. Lyrics here: http://www.backshift.demon.co.uk/lyrics.htm#ploughboys

mixture of fiddles, guitars, melodeons, bodhrans, whistles, mandolins, dulcimers from the same event - dig around under individual, concert and ceilidh at

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=insightandmind&search_type=&aq=f

Edited by Kautilya
  • Like 1

Great song. Pete is so good on those old Hohners. On the discussion about chords I mentioned melodeons. I think there is crossover opportunity but the fact that the chords all come in one piece on a melodeon ( 3 notes all on the same pull or push, although you can take out the 3rds if you have a lever/button) makes for ease in some songs but is a limitation in others. I sing with various melodeons and they dont have the flexibilty of the C/G Anglo for more subtle chords but I'll see how I get on with the Ploughboy song by Colin Cater.

Thanks

Edited by michael sam wild

Great song. Pete is so good on those old Hohners. On the discussion about chords I mentioned melodeons. I think there is crossover opportunity but the fact that the chords all come in one piece on a melodeon ( 3 notes all on the same pull or push) makes for ease in some songs but is a limitation in others. I sing to various melodeons and they dont have the flexibilty of the C/G Anglo for more subtle chords but I'll see how I get on with the Ploughboy song by Colin Cater.

Thanks

Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

I have the Colin Cater book and CD, "A Penny for the Ploughboys". Colin writes some lovely tunes and songs and Pete Coe is the only singer who sings Penny for the Ploughboys, according to Colin, aside from Colin himself. Nice to be able to contrast the singing and playing of Pete Coe's version with that of Colin's, on his own CD.

Chris

I have the Colin Cater book and CD, "A Penny for the Ploughboys". Colin writes some lovely tunes and songs and Pete Coe is the only singer who sings Penny for the Ploughboys, according to Colin, aside from Colin himself. Nice to be able to contrast the singing and playing of Pete Coe's version with that of Colin's, on his own CD.

Chris

So a Chris and Michael Sam duet then??!! :) :)

• Like 1