Wanted: Maccann Duet for newbie

Selah

Any Maccann duet players in the USA in vicinity around Scotts Bluff NE, Cheyenne, WY and Denver or Colorado Springs, CO???

I'd like to get my hands on a few to try before locating and buying my first. Size and weight are important considerations for me.

If anyone has a Maccann duet needing a new owner, let me know!

Thanks, Judy

If anyone has a Maccann duet needing a new owner, let me know!

I have a lovely 67-key Wheaststone MacCann Duet, which is indeed seeking a new owner. It is in perfect working order, just waiting to be played. It comes with it's original black leather-bound Wheatstome case, which is also in great condition.

I am in Dublin, Ireland, so I probably won't be of any assistance to you with the first stage of your buying process, but, let me know when you are ready to buy and I can send you more details.

In any case, I will most likely post a separate "MacCann Duet for sale" message on this forum within the relatively near future, as soon as time allows, so you may well see that posting before you have reached stage 2 of your buying process.

Of course, if you happen to be visiting Ireland while it's still available, you are very welcome to try it out.

Pat

A wise choice. May your search be successful and your playing be rewarding.

(Unfortunately, mine is not for sale).

(Not unless I can persuade the wife to let me buy another one).

I don't understand. Why would you then sell the first one?

• Like 1

I'm the opposite. Despite having an octave and a half overlap, I hardly use it except for the occasional low B or whatever which won't fit on the RH end, and the occasional note on the RH end to make the LH easier. But then I don't play scored pieces or arrangements. As far as possible I choose a key to let the 'tune' fit on the RH end.

My machine, a 64-button Maccann, has 2 and a half octaves at each end with an octave and a half overlap. As I hardly use the top octave of the LH end, I could really do with a bit more at the bottom end.

Dirge,

The above is Maccannic's quote from the General Discussion forum. Just like the rest of us restless bunch he thinks the ideal instrument is just over the next hill. Surely "you" understand. :D

Greg

I'm the opposite. Despite having an octave and a half overlap, I hardly use it except for the occasional low B or whatever which won't fit on the RH end, and the occasional note on the RH end to make the LH easier. But then I don't play scored pieces or arrangements. As far as possible I choose a key to let the 'tune' fit on the RH end.

My machine, a 64-button Maccann, has 2 and a half octaves at each end with an octave and a half overlap. As I hardly use the top octave of the LH end, I could really do with a bit more at the bottom end.

Dirge,

The above is Maccannic's quote from the General Discussion forum. Just like the rest of us restless bunch he thinks the ideal instrument is just over the next hill. Surely "you" understand. :D

Greg

Oh I understand that one, certainly. But surely you need to keep your existing one in case the new one isn't quite right either? After all you might make a dreadful mistake. Erm, give me 5 minutes and I'll tell you why I have 3 duets at the moment...

• Like 1

Oh I understand that one, certainly. But surely you need to keep your existing one in case the new one isn't quite right either? After all you might make a dreadful mistake. Erm, give me 5 minutes and I'll tell you why I have 3 duets at the moment...

Wait, let me guess.... Because you can't find a suitable fourth!!

After all duets should come in pairs. (Don't try this out on the wife; you'll be in double trouble! :o )

Greg

Wait, let me guess.... Because you can't find a suitable fourth!!

After all duets should come in pairs. (Don't try this out on the wife; you'll be in double trouble! :o )

Greg

Well I know where there's another one I'd really like...I've had an option on it for ages but haven't worked out how to swing it yet.

I don't think 'It's an edeophone, so completely different, dear.' will work on Sal although it seems reasonable enough to me. I might be forced to unload one of the others for that, but the idea hurts too much at the moment. ( and I'd still like a midi too)

• Like 1

• 9 years later...
On 2/12/2010 at 9:26 AM, maccannic said:

You're all quite right. Why should I ask the wife? After all, she's got at least four tin whistles.

Umm - And how much did her penny whistles cost....?   I told my husband what instruments I would sell to help cover the Maccan duet I just purchased, and I did explain it would be an expensive purchase compared to my usual ukes, penny whistles etc.  My willingness to sell my favorite guitar I can no longer play due to arthritis and neck issues told him I was serious.  So he was kind enough  to say "that's great" and not ask for the specific cost...