bagpipes and concertina

Someone recently posted a clip of bagpipe and concertina playing together. I think it was on U tube, but I can't locate it. Does someone remember the link?

Thanks.

Would it be the first three in this post from January:

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10668&view=findpost&p=106983

Thanks

Leo :unsure:

Someone recently posted a clip of bagpipe and concertina playing together. I think it was on U tube, but I can't locate it. Does someone remember the link?

Thanks.

Would it be the first three in this post from January:

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10668&view=findpost&p=106983

Thanks

Leo :unsure:

I've been listening to all three of these clips and they are fantastic. The second one features Jacqueline McCarthy playing solo. The way the rest are mixed, Tommy is in the forefront with his pipes so it's hard to hear what Jackie is up to, but when she plays solo you can hear her subtle chords throughout. Amazing playing.

I play both the bagpipe and the concertina and just to imagine them playing together already hurts my ears!

Er... No.

The title in the post is wrong. Indeed, isn't the same to say bagpipes, any kind of mouth blown ones - devil's instruments ;) - that uilleann pipes, who blend very nicely with the anglo.

If you like the couple, 'Callan Bridge' by Cillian & Niall Vallely is a must. Some of the tunes in this album are included in my everyday practice.

Edit: apart from this, but Tejedor is one of a kind:

Edited by Fergus_fiddler

I love their playing and the lower pitched flat set of pipes and concertina have a nice 'domestic' relaxed feel and sound. Kitty Hayes and Peter Laban have the same relaxed feel.

I think quite a few concertina players get some nice influences from pipers and use chords or drones as appropriate . Tim Collins plays nicely with piper Brian McNamara

Edited by michael sam wild

We,ve just come back from our Sunday lunchtime session and I had a nice duet with Brian Howard who lives locally and is a well known pipe and whistle maker.

It was interesting to play along with the chanter, drones and the regulators and get into the style. We played Jenny Picking Cockles and The Peelers Jacket and it was nice to be that close to the pipes. I'll take a sound recorder one time

The consensus was that the instruments go nicely together and complement each other

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1