Wheatstone Memorial 2010 Mornington Crescent Game

Yes, it's that time of year again when once more our merry band of Concertina Crescenteers commemorate the birth of Charles Wheatstone with a memorial bout of his favourite game. As ever I have called on last year's much deserved winner, Lady de Temps, to set the special rules applicable to the game. She sent me this reply:-

Sorry for the delay in reply....haven't got online properly all weekend. Only got about 5min on sunday.

Playing Regency rules with the King George updated variation. Royal connections worth double.

First move: Fenchurch Street

An excellent and very historic choice, I may say, since I believe Sir Charles himself favoured this variation in convivial after-lecture games at the Royal Institution (there, double points for me already!).

So, let battle commence!

Chris

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, let battle commence!

I'll be spectating, again, this year. Just one thought, I hope you have Samantha lined up to keep the scores.

As, like last year, it promises to be another a nail-biting contest. Which will be followed by a nose-picking contest. And if the lovely Samantha isn't available to score, then perhaps we can count on Sven to take her place.

Chris

Playing Regency rules with the King George updated variation. Royal connections worth double.

Invoking the legacy 1816 Beau Brummel left-foot stagger combined with a 7/5ths Jenner Berkeley jab takes me to the palace of rats - Westminster.

And if the lovely Samantha isn't available to score, then perhaps we can count on Sven to take her place.

Don't worry, Samantha has already agreed to give everyone's points her full attention.

So, deploying a Junkins Reverse I'll go

Park Royal

Chris

I'm afraid Chris I've just had a text from Samantha, you'll have to get Sven in as she's been invited on a last minute trip to the US to see some old Gysers.

Ah, spit! Sven and I fell out last year over some antique Chippendales. I guess I'll just have to get down on my knees to him.

Chris