Who's going to NCW April 17?

Just wondering if any of the teachers are posting music for us to work on ahead of time this year? Jody? Last year it made a difference for me in keeping up! Let us know.

Ken

Hi Ken,

If you're to be in my workshop, send me a PM with your email address and I can send you the early concertina arrangements of tunes we'll be working on...Bernard O'Sullivan's (and Stack Ryan's) version of I Have a Bonnnet Trimmed in Blue, Scan Tester's version of his Schottische, and William Kimber's Bacca Pipes...plus various octave scales. I'll play through some early concertina versions of Australian and South African tunes, too, though we of course won't have time to work on all of them in detail. I think all of them are in my book.

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks Dan, I have the book and see all three of them in there. Will get started...though some fingerings may have to wait for your guidance.

Ken

Hi Ken,

If you look at anything beforehand, try to get good at the basic cross-row octave scale in C (page 231 vol 2). If you can do that backwards and forwards without hesitation, everything else flows very easily from that point....even Kimber, as you shall see. The old octave style, once so nearly universally played, is amazingly intuitive, chording and all, after one learns the basic C and G scales on both hands. Conceptually, those cross-row octave scales are quite different from standard along-the-row or new-style Irish cross-row playing, and take a bit of muscle memory to get started.

It will be nice to meet you!

Dan

Yes Dan, I can see that...reading through that section I could see that was where to start. I tried the polka and the schottische and see how it works...My fingers are starting to get it. The scale is starting to come, will work on it (how much depends on how much Jody give us to do!).

Ken

Yes Dan, I can see that...reading through that section I could see that was where to start. I tried the polka and the schottische and see how it works...My fingers are starting to get it. The scale is starting to come, will work on it (how much depends on how much Jody give us to do!).

Ken

Hi Ken and all those who have signed up for my workshops. Rebecca from the BB should have sent out my class materials directly to you. If you have not received them, you could let me know via PM and I'll try to get them out to you.

Have the class assignments been made public yet? The registration form said to indicate 1st and 2nd choices for each period. How do people know what classes they will be taking?

Well David, I hope the B Box has a reminder hsete of what we did get. Because I changed my midn at the last minute while registering, and now can't remember jsut what I did sign up for! But I'm sure I'll like it.

Se you at the Button Box tomorrow eve, and snitch a ride to the Red Roof, OK?

Thanks, Mike K.

Have the class assignments been made public yet? The registration form said to indicate 1st and 2nd choices for each period. How do people know what classes they will be taking?

Well David, I hope the B Box has a reminder hsete of what we did get. Because I changed my midn at the last minute while registering, and now can't remember jsut what I did sign up for! But I'm sure I'll like it.

Se you at the Button Box tomorrow eve, and snitch a ride to the Red Roof, OK?

Thanks, Mike K.

They usually give the class assignments at registration on Saturday morning. I would have been surprised to hear that anybody had seen them yet.

I'll see you at BB Friday evening. I'll e-mail you my cell phone number privately in case there's any difficulty meeting up.