Bradfield Traditional Music Weekend 2010

THE SEVENTH

BRADFIELD TRADITIONAL MUSIC WEEKEND

16th,17th & 18th July 2010

Edgemount Farm

Lumb Lane

High Bradfield

Sheffield S6 6LJ

Located in the Pennine Hills in the Peak District National Park,this unique gathering features some of the best traditional singers and musicians

Those who will have been invited include:-

Singers:

Jeff Wesley (Northants) John Greaves (North Yorkshire) Roger Hinchcliffe,Gordon Hoyland, Joe Atkins, George White, David Helliwell (All South Yorkshire) Members Of The Pennine Concert Party (Traditional Singers from the Holmfirth area)Dave McCracken & Hannah Hutton(Northumberland)Finbarr Wall,Jerry O'Reilly(Dublin) Chris "Yorkie" Bartram, Jan Kerr & Ellie Logan (Cumberland) Jane Livingstone,Fay Hield,William Noble ,Bob Auty(West Yorkshire)Paul & Liz Davenport,Roy Clinging,The Yorkshire Garland song workshop,Graham Walsh,Hannah James & Sam Sweeney

Singers/Musicians:

Rees Wesson, Mike Hebbert(Concertina)Roger Digby,Gavin & Julie Atkin,Annie Dearman & Steve Harrison,Shay Fogarty (Concertina,Dublin) Tom Driscoll (Concertina,Clare)Alan Day(Concertina)Jon Boden & Liz Giddings,Angela Crehan & John Walsh(County Clare)

Craftspersons & Experts:

Geoffrey Crabb(Concertina Makers)

Dave Prebble(Concertina Repairers)

With: Sessions In Local Pubs, Talks on Traditional Music,

Real Ale Bar

Weekend Tickets £20 Per Person to include Camping & Saturday Night Dance

Email:edeophone@aol.com

Due to an error, I missed two guests from the flyer.Iren Shettle and Ralph Jordon will be performing over the weekend and giving their illustrated talk on the songs collected by Lucy Broadwood.

Fantastic Mark - looks super, have put it in my diary and hope to get along. Who knows I might even get a sing with my folks :)

Due to an error, I missed two guests from the flyer.Iren Shettle and Ralph Jordon will be performing over the weekend and giving their illustrated talk on the songs collected by Lucy Broadwood.

Hooray!! Glad to see that Ralphie and I are definitely still on board. And I maybe should point out that our Lucy Broadwood offering will actually be 50% music, during which we venture into the dangerous territory of performing a couple of duet duets (not dangerous for Ralphie, except insofar as he has to deal with working with me :unsure:). Looking forward to it very much Mark.

Edited by Irene S

• 3 weeks later...

Additional Guests booked and invited:

Ken Woolfenden,Vic Ellis(One Man Band)Henrik Muller,Gerry Oakes,Harry Scurfield,Simon Ritchie,Martin Clarke & Dave Hunt.Tickets now available £20 per person up to 1.5.2010 £25 after that date.Booking form attached

Mark Davies

edeophone@aol.com

Really hoping to be able to make it this year - usually I've had gigs booked in already when the date's announced, looks like this year it'll be free; last time was a really good weekend, a great atmosphere for just enjoying music. It's clashed with other people booking us/me every time for the last few years, and with a packed summer, I was reluctant to earmark another w/e this year soon after ECMW. Fingers are crossed, will be sending the form & cheque off anyway this week. Thanks for running it, Mark.

Pippa