ICA magazine

Yes, our copy has arrived.

Chris

Yes, tis true the full number of the Beast is 666, which refer to ICA chairman's stickey-uppey-eyebrows and satanically delightful curled moustache -- credit where credit is due (hellspeak for subscriptions are now due or new ones welcome - details at

http://www.concertina.org/ica/

And yes, three booklets arrived and I cannot believe what good value they are (as part of the subs) if only for the toons inside which would cost a whack if ordered from a regular music shop.

[Jon, that's a pint of red Kriek shandy u owe me, as agreed. Delete this from email after reading :ph34r: :ph34r: Yours for eternity in Aculard: WHO, as always, recommends: "if you have not enough blow at least keep on sucking the air that is our lifeblood-- tho always test for concertinitis antibodies before using your sharps on the heaving bellows]. :)

Edited by Kautilya

Though I must admit that I have no comprehension of their mailing schedule.

Basically a magazine like this depends on material being received to put in it, which in turn requires the membership wanting to put stuff in it. Currently the editor, Pauline de Snoo, is not doing too badly at all for contributions so the magazine is coming out every 3 or 4 months, which is the target. The mag is a pretty good read nowadays, I think, which is a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy. The better it gets the more people want to contribute to it.

Chris

Have other members of ICA had their latest magazine yet . Number 444?

Hello Mike!

We (the ICA) seem to have messed you up quite badly. We are trying to sort you out. You should have had CW 444 by now and we believe that everyone else has. Anyone who has not could email membership@concertina.org

to rectify matters.

Cheers, Roger Gawley, Secretary ICA

I received my copy last friday. Though I must admit that I have no comprehension of

their mailing schedule. I seem to receive them catch-as-catch-can.

Mark

What should happen is that you get four publications a year: three copies of Concertina World (with music supplement) and one copy of Papers of the International Concertina Association, with roughly three-month gaps.

This time we were a bit late and PICA caught up with CW, so you got three documents in one envelope. Normal service should now be resumed.

I received my copy last friday. Though I must admit that I have no comprehension of

their mailing schedule. I seem to receive them catch-as-catch-can.

Mark

What should happen is that you get four publications a year: three copies of Concertina World (with music supplement) and one copy of Papers of the International Concertina Association, with roughly three-month gaps.

This time we were a bit late and PICA caught up with CW, so you got three documents in one envelope. Normal service should now be resumed.

Even better value!!!! Join up join up!

[That's a bottle of Kriek shandy from you too Roger - don't dilute the red stuff!]

I just received all the literature from Jon MacNamara the Chairman. Thanks , very good material. I'd urge others to join.biggrin.gif

I was in the same boat two weeks ago Mike ... I'm very impressed with the speed of reply to the email I'd sent out, and the friendly welcome I've had. Still squinting at the music supplements I got (shame I missed the larger copies), but enjoying messing around with the Maccann duet arrangements therein.

:)