Getting to the gig, Swedish style

fidjit

With all the cancellation of events due to the weather conditions in England for the time being. I thought I’d post a couple of videos, to show how we manage over here in Sweden. We are quite used to snow at this time of year.

This one includes some dancing.

With all the cancellation of events due to the weather conditions in England for the time being. I thought I’d post a couple of videos, to show how we manage over here in Sweden. We are quite used to snow at this time of year.

This one includes some dancing.

A couple of nice videos, Chas. I was hoping to get a glimpse of a concertina, but only saw a fiddle nailed up on the wall, and that m thing.

It would appear that, in Sweden, the snow falls mainly in the fields; is this a legal requirement? ;)

It would appear that, in Sweden, the snow falls mainly in the fields; is this a legal requirement? ;)

As the rain in Spain does.

Yes we train it that way. :P

Edited by fidjit

As the rain in Spain does.

Yes we train it that way. :P

We are so unused to a bit of snow in England in recent years that the whole country grinds to a halt after a few centimetres have fallen. There are so many car accidents, that repair garages must be rubbing their hands with glee! Who was doing the filming while you were driving, Chas? Do you fit snow chains to your tyres?

Chris

Trams were running (more or less) fine,

Could this be why Guildford seemed to have ground to a standstill at one point - no trams? Haven't seen a tram around here since the days that they used to have them in Kingston upon Thames. :unsure: Do they have them in your neck of the woods then?

Actually Chas, I too was wondering how you were videoing this when I first saw it. You appear to be the only one in the car - and the viewpoint changes. How were you steering ?? It all looked a little unsafety conscious to me!

Edited by Irene S

Trams were running (more or less) fine,

Could this be why Guildford seemed to have ground to a standstill at one point - no trams? Haven't seen a tram around here since the days that they used to have them in Kingston upon Thames. :unsure: Do they have them in your neck of the woods then?

You obviously haven't been to Croydon, lately, Irene. See here. Haven't ridden on it myself but have driven over the track on my way to visit Peter T, who lives nearby.

Chris

Trams ? They used to have them in London when I was a kid. Then the trolly busses took over.

Ah ! Memories. Lovely . Thank you for that.

Yea. Videoing. Well, guilty as charged. I was alone in the car. So it was I your Honour.

One handed steering. Like when you are changing gesr etc.

As for trams. In the very large towns. Stockholm. Goteborg. Malmö. they have them. Out where I am it's still the horse and cart.

Edited by fidjit