Concertina Collection

yfried

Funny how these things happen.

A co-worker knew from conversations at the lunch table that I play the concertina. She recently visited with the mother of an acquaintance at the mother's home and later, speaking with me, mentioned that she noticed a glass cabinet with concertinas on display at the home.

I was quite excited to hear this interesting news and obtained the phone # of the woman who confirmed that indeed she has a collection of concertinas brought to this country by her grandfather from Germany.

I'll be visiting with her on January 30th. Any thoughts about what I'll find?

Yvonne Fried

Ashland, Oregon USA

A co-worker knew from conversations at the lunch table that I play the concertina. She recently visited with the mother of an acquaintance at the mother's home and later, speaking with me, mentioned that she noticed a glass cabinet with concertinas on display at the home.

I was quite excited to hear this interesting news and obtained the phone # of the woman who confirmed that indeed she has a collection of concertinas brought to this country by her grandfather from Germany.

Yvonne Fried

Ashland, Oregon USA

You'll probably find Karlsfelder Concertinas, Chemnitzers and/or Bandoneons. Or it may simply be some 20 button clunkers.

Yvonne Fried

Ashland, Oregon USA

You'll probably find Karlsfelder Concertinas, Chemnitzers and/or Bandoneons. Or it may simply be some 20 button clunkers.

Or perhaps mis-identified accordions -- but bring your camera!