Hi Dirge I was expecting to see some replies to your topic .So here is my pennyworth.- My Avitar has a lot of detail and I have been unable to increase its size .I do not seem to be able to fill the avaliable picture box.the avitar always apears smaller. ATB Bob

Hi Dirge I was expecting to see some replies to your topic .So here is my pennyworth.- My Avitar has a lot of detail and I have been unable to increase its size .I do not seem to be able to fill the avaliable picture box.the avitar always apears smaller. ATB Bob

Hi Bob; I can now see that part of the problem might be not making myself clear. Making the avatar bigger for normal display would be nice, but I hadn't even thought of that and is much fancier than what I was after. I wanted to be able to briefly enlarge one I was curious about and have a proper look at it. Lots of them are quite tantalising, as they are. I know I could zoom the screen but doing that and then fiddling with scroll bars is more work than my curiosity extends to; I felt there ought to be a simple way.

I wanted to be able to briefly enlarge one I was curious about and have a proper look at it.

(1)

Point mouse onto avatar image

Right mouse click

Click on "View Image"

(2)

Right mouse click

Click on "Save Image As"

(3)

Open image/zoom

This is how I do it, but the results can look fuzzy.

I wanted to be able to briefly enlarge one I was curious about and have a proper look at it.

(1)

Right mouse click

Click on "View Image"

(2)

Right mouse click

Click on "Save Image As"

(3)

Open image/zoom

This is how I do it, but the results can look fuzzy.

I think zooming the page (hitting control and then punching the + repeatedly) is simpler, really; it's just the re-centring that's a pain. It's always going to be fuzzy, I imagine because it's a carefully minimal image to save having to feed a lot of info down the line without good reason/ Mind you I now know, after having made the experiment that Bob's atavar is a rather interesting pic of 3 musicians dangling their feet in the water while riding on a red sailed boat with a Cornish (?) flag. I knew it was SOMETHING interesting...

I chose a straight mugshot on mine on the principle that loss of detail would not be considered a negative point.