TABHAIR DOM DO LÁMH - notes?

Kautilya

Any kind soul know where to find score, abc, midi for TABHAIR DOM DO LÁMH (Give me your hand) and praps another name Dancing Willow, please?

composer Turlough O'Carolan

tks :)

found it at last:

http://breizhpartitions.free.fr/en/download_score.php/438_Tabhair_Dom_Do_L%C3%A1mh

well known apparently but for those who aint heard:

Edited by Kautilya
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Any kind soul know where to find score, abc, midi for TABHAIR DOM DO LÁMH (Give me your hand) and praps another name Dancing Willow, please?

composer Turlough O'Carolan

tks :)

found it at last:

http://breizhpartiti...om_Do_L%C3%A1mh

well known apparently but for those who aint heard:

X: 9158

T:Give Me Your Hand

M:3/4

L:1/8

K:G Major

D2|E2 G2 G2|G4 D2|E2 G2 G2|G4 D2|E2 G2 G2|G2 A2 B2|B2 e2 d2|B4 AG|!

A2 A2 ed|B2 B2 dB|A3 B AG|E4 D2|E2 G2 G2|G4 D2|E2 G2 G2|G4 D2|!

E2 G2 G2|G2 A2 B2|D3 B AB|G4 D2|E2 G2 G2|G2 A2 B2|B2 e2 d2|B4 AG|!

A2 A2 ed|B2 B2 dB|A2 A2 Bd|e4 dB|d2 d2 e2|g4 ed|e2 e2 g2|a4 ge|!

g2 g2 de|g2 g2 de|g2 g2 a2|b6|b2 b2 b2|b4 ag|ag ab ab|a4 gf|!

e2 e2 ge|d2 d2 gd|B2 B2 dB|A4 BA|G2 G2 Bd|=f4 ed|e2 e2 g2|e4 dB|!

d2 d2 gd|B2 B2 dB|A3 c BA|G4|]!

Hope this helps.

John Wild

Hi Kautilya,

A lovely air for sure. Actually it predates O'Carolan. I believe it's by 17th Century harper Rory Dall O'Cathain.

Enjoy!

Molly

Indeed, was composed by Rory Dall.

Kautilya, the score of Breizh Partitions seems to be in D, and always I've heard this tune played in G... I think John Wild's abc's are more accurate. This is, too, an easy peasy tune for anglo beginners - mind the F natural! -.

By the way, IMHO the best program around for to manage abc files:

http://abcnavigator.free.fr/abcnvgt.php?lang=eng

Cheers,

Fer

Hi Kautilya,

A lovely air for sure. Actually it predates O'Carolan. I believe it's by 17th Century harper Rory Dall O'Cathain.

Enjoy!

Molly

Indeed, was composed by Rory Dall.

Kautilya, the score of Breizh Partitions seems to be in D, and always I've heard this tune played in G... I think John Wild's abc's are more accurate. This is, too, an easy peasy tune for anglo beginners - mind the F natural! -.

By the way, IMHO the best program around for to manage abc files:

http://abcnavigator.free.fr/abcnvgt.php?lang=eng

Cheers,

Fer

Mni tks John Molly and Fergus! I wiill now go and look for that F reezing natural.... :)

Edited by Kautilya
  • Like 1

I remember the late great Dave Roberts of Blowzabella used to play that on D/G melodeon in the early days in Morris Sessions with the Earls of Essex and when it came to the F nat everybody would sing the note in unison. melodeons have come on a bit now!

Genius! I intend to develop that tactic extensively - when the George hurdy gurdier switches to pipes he sometimes tells me off because I do a deep, nasal, reverberating 'hmmmmmm' to match the drone -- although it sounds great (to ME).

The voice will reach the notes that the fingers can not.

ta v much

The F natural is one of the great joys of that tune, and the reason I prefer playing this particular tune on the flute or low whistle - on the EC you (or I at least) just can't get the really satisfying smear/slide off of the D onto the F natural that the flutes give you. I might try it again on the EC though, adopting the Dave Roberts approach to that note.

As regards Kautilya's drone note, it reminds me of the time a guy turned up at the Mobberley session with a didgeridoo, which he enthusiastically honked through a few numbers: sadly his didg was approximating Eb, and everything he'd 'enhanced' so far had been in either G or D ...

We once had a didge, djembe and bones playing along to Fanny Power. Quite nice once you gave up and got into it. They had got riddim!!

I think the forum autospeller took over there - how did you get "riddofem" from the session (like the Battering of the Flattened didge in Steve's post?) - did u "beat" them to death with Drybone's jaw of an ass or was it your wild offspring Samson wot did it for em? :ph34r: :rolleyes:

Edited by Kautilya