Can't post or reply to messages

Hello,

I am having difficulty posting and replying to messages from my home PC (am using another computer at the moment to send this). I don't get the full, blank post / reply screen and the cursor is nowhere to be found. Can anyone advise me on what I can do to improve this situation?

It is not quite right on this PC either - the post toolbar (with the bold, italics etc options) is in the middle ofthe post and I ma now infact typing under it so I cannot see my words an am just hoping for the best.

Help!

t

Well, I know what you meant about the toolbar thing in the text entry window. I have the same problem - it just sits in the way. I can increase or decrease the size of the editing window but can't shift, drag or close the d*** toolbar yoke! That's why several of my messages have a big break in them -

like this :( So you're not alone in your frustration!! Must be something obvious I'm missing - can anyone enlighten?

Edited by tombilly

I have the same trouble with my Windows machine at work, but not my Mac at home. The answer, of course, is to not check out this forum from work, but then I'd have to carry on actual conversations during coffee break, so THAT's not going to happen.

So, I just use a text editor and cut and paste into the "reply" box. But it is a problem.

like this sad.gif So you're not alone in your frustration!! Must be something obvious I'm missing - can anyone enlighten?

I had the same problem. Try this:

*Click on your name next to profile picture at top right corner of screen

*Click on my settings

*Scroll down to "Posting Settings"

*put a tick in the box next to "Enable visual (RTE) editor?"

I have no idea what any of this means, but my son told me to do it and it worked. laugh.gif Now if I can only figure out what happened to the edit button!

• 3 weeks later...

I've never had problems on my Macs, so I wonder if it isn't a browser specific thing that Safari handles differently than Explorer. Has anyone with a windows machine tried Firefox with the forums? ( everything works on my Mac)

Dana

No problems with firefox (3.5 or 3.6) in windoze (XP) or linux