Wheatstone Linota

Paul Read

Hi all and Happy New Year!

I have a Wheatstone Linota from the period 1937 - 1939 for sale. It has metal ends and buttons, brass reed frames dovetailed into the reed pan and fancy fretwork ends. The wooden sides are rosewood, Linota is stamped into the strap bars. I am in the process of putting new valves in and adjusting the tuning (generally it is in A=440 so just the odd reed to adjust). It has excellent bellows and plays well. I'm looking for offers here before going the ebay route. Donation to c.net of course.

Edited by Paul Read

Hi all and Happy New Year!

I have a Wheatstone Linota from the 1950s for sale. It has metal ends and buttons, brass reed frames dovetailed into the reed pan and fancy fretwork ends. The wooden sides are rosewood, Linota is stamped into the strap bars. I am in the process of putting new valves in and adjusting the tuning (generally it is in A=440 so just the odd reed to adjust). It has excellent bellows and plays well. I'm looking for offers here before going the ebay route. Donation to c.net of course.

A correction to my listing; this instrument comes from the end of the Linota era. The number is 51012 which, I believe, dates it to 1937-1939. This was the tail end of the better wheatstone period I think. The reedswere still of top quality at this time.