Repertoires

American Patrol would be interesting.

Yep, it's a tune I know, and I think it would work well. Haven't I heard an old recording of this done quite well on duet before? Another march I've thought of doing is The Liberty Bell, which is even more fun because of its association with Monty Python.

Well its not folk music...but what about

Madness-Baggy Trousers (

)

the theme tune to Rosie & Jim (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxnrAi5y5JU)

Magic Roundabout (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFHyA0oCXGU)

I do like Madness...wow, it'd be hard to pull it off on concertina, though. Maybe "One Step Beyond" would work better? I've never seen or heard those two shows, and I'm sure most of the charm in the music is in having it when you were young. In that vein, as I said in another thread, I have started (barely) working on Super Mario Brothers. And maybe I'll work up a simple Trumpet Hornpipe (Captain Pugwash) someday.

Goodness, I guess I do like the silly and fun aspect of music, and the concertina does seem to suit that admirably.

hhmmmm...silly aspect. What about Bonzo Dog Do-Dah Band: Monster Mash?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Righteeho & tks...for #Whom the fret tolls#" as it were! :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, there is a guitarist in Translatlantic Sessions who plays a guitar flat on what looks like a pub table... :P

That's a steel guitar or a Dobro. Played with a slide, and pretty common in C&W music.

NNY

Come to think of it, there is a guitarist in Translatlantic Sessions who plays a guitar flat on what looks like a pub table... :P

That's a steel guitar or a Dobro. Played with a slide, and pretty common in C&W music.

NNY

DOBRO

Dare I say it? It must have got its name after Stalin took up playing it in the Kremlin after moving from Georgia....and all the lackeys shouted "Dobro! Dobro!" even tho he was hopeless.. :lol:

NNY

DOBRO

Dare I say it? It must have got its name after Stalin took up playing it in the Kremlin after moving from Georgia....and all the lackeys shouted "Dobro! Dobro!" even tho he was hopeless.. :lol:

Nah! "Dobro" means nothing in this context. It's like saying that when Clinton picked up sax, all the lackeys of the White House shouted "Wilcome, wilcome", that's how he got his name.

I am working to learn tunes that I'll play with my quartet. As a beginning player, I wouldn't dare go solo. There's safety in numbers, and they provide a good cover for my mistakes! :blink: Right now, I'm working on Arran Boat Song, La Vie en Rose, Lady and the Grenadier, Scarborough Fair, Ye Banks & Braes, The Orange Rogue, Kesh Jig, Midwinter Waltz, Planxty Fanny Power.

NNY

DOBRO

Nah! "Dobro" means nothing in this context. It's like saying that when Clinton picked up sax, all the lackeys of the White House shouted "Wilcome, wilcome", that's how he got his name.

HiLLAryious!!! v.good :P

Edited by Kautilya