Uploading OpenOffice

How are ye!

It's a pity, but I did a file on OpenOffice containing spreadsheets that make automatically heptatonic scales diagrams for the english concertina. And the uploader does not allow me to attach it.

But OpenOffice is an open source program, if I'm not mistaken this means that this program was created for the free use of everybody, free of charge. I understand that with Excel this cannot be done, because it belongs to Microsoft.

Is there a solution for this?

Fernando

How are ye!

It's a pity, but I did a file on OpenOffice containing spreadsheets that make automatically heptatonic scales diagrams for the english concertina. And the uploader does not allow me to attach it.

But OpenOffice is an open source program, if I'm not mistaken this means that this program was created for the free use of everybody, free of charge. I understand that with Excel this cannot be done, because it belongs to Microsoft.

Is there a solution for this?

Fernando

blink.gif I believe our forum administrator has wisely prevented/restricted uploading of files of any TYPE which could contain an active viruse; both OpenOffice and MSOffice (Excel) contain within the document structure the ability to store self-executing programming. Attachments are one of the primary methods of spreading viruses.

To share your files - go to Google Docs and create yourself an account. Then upload your Openoffice file into Docs and then you can post a link to the file here. The link will be harmless to forum users biggrin.gif but those wishing to go ahead and trust you ph34r.gif can open the spreadsheet with their own account.

Ok! I see! thank you for this! I thought this was about the law or something. I can understand, it makes sense. But I've opened an account and I'm trying to upload the file in Google Docs and it is not working, I saw in the help forums that more people had this problem. I suppose that Google has to fix this..

But I found the solution Fatbellows, one housemate told me to use Windowslive, and It worked! I'm going to post the link then. I will do this in the Teaching and Learning section.

Anyway thanks a lot for the help FatBellows!

All the best!

Edited by fernando