New Session in the Midlands

Firstly an apology, this must be my first post for a couple of years. I haven't lost interest in the concertina, but did find I was spending far too much time here rather than playing, so I sort of weaned myself off it.

Anyway, I live in a village called Welton just north of Daventry and we're trying to get a regular once a month folk(ish) session going in the village pub, The White Horse.

It is planned to be held on the second Sunday of the month, 8.30ish, which means that the next one will be this Sunday, the 13th Dec, so apologies for the short notice.

We had a trial run a few weeks ago, and although a bit thin on the ground, those who came had a really good time, with a mixture of songs and tunes, and even had a couple dancing!.

We're hoping to keep it informal and mixed ability, with an emphasis on reasonably well known tunes so everyone can have a go and join in. The ocassional party piece is welcome of course but we want to avoid it becoming dominated by any one person or group.

Any instruments are welcome - at the first one we had guitars, mandolins, melodeons, concertina and (just one)double bass - so bring along whatever takes your fancy.

Anyway, if you've nothing to do this Sunday night, or need an excuse for a drink, then please come along, introduce youself and join in. Any instruments are welcome - at the first one we had guitars, mandolins, melodeons, concertina and (just one)double bass - so bring along whatever takes your fancy.

I'll be the big bloke playing an anglo and a melodeon (but not at the same time)

Thanks

Clive.

• 4 weeks later...

My apologies for bothering you all again, but quick bump and reminder that the next session will be 10th January, ie next Sunday!

We've had a couple already and the The Landlady is agreeable for it to continue and has now written us into her diary for the rest of the year!

Dates for this year will thus be:

10th January

14th February

14th March

11th April

9th May

13th June

11th July

8th August

12th September

10th October

14th November

12th December

I am putting together an E-mailing list to keep everyone up to date, so if you're interestd in a monthly reminder then please let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Thanks for looking

Clive.

Far too far for us to come, sadly. Just wanted to say, as someone who started a very similar sounding session 5 years ago which is still running successfully, best of luck. If our experience is typical you've a lot of fun and good music ahead. It's particularly satisfying to see the regulars at the session grow as musicians over the period.

Cheers,

Chris