"Bodoléon"

david fabre

David - this is not a new instrument at all ... it is clearly a Frenchman, suffering from Spooneritis and a very heavy head cold, trying to write Melodeon! :lol:

I beleive that what the guy actually tried to write is "bandoneon" (in french the word melodeon is even less common).

NB : what is Spooneritis ?

Is it the same as "lebelzaikte"? (lepelziekte) leads to loosing hair anf teeths caused by eating patatoes and eggs only. This also leads to writing constantina in stead of concertina.

NB : what is Spooneritis ?

I thought Constantina was that city in Turkey where everyone play bodhrans tongue.gif

OK Just to put you all out of your misery there was a cleric, the Reverend Spooner. I think he might have been an Oxford or Cambridge don. (probably oxford...) long ago, who had a slight speech impediment; he reversed the first letters of adjacent words. He was quite unaware of doing this until too late. So he'd talk about his warling dife (Darling wife), and so on. He is immortalised in the name.

Choose the right Spoonerism and innocent phrases can become very embarrassing; this has been the basis for skits on British TV almost since it was introduced. Pheasant plucker is a famous one.

Make sure you always boil your icicle chain

Man seen fleeing out of ward in hospital gown.

Wot's your problem?

It's that nurse after me again - she always gets everything back to front!

SO?

Matron just told her to prick my boil! (maybe we are getting nearer to Malopropitis...)

Mother telling neighbour how lucky she was that her son had just graduated instead of dying at birth. "He was so ill they had to put him in an incinerator to survive."

As Dirge harmoniously ringtoned, Spooner was at New College Oxford for 60 years which is presumably why he was rebound among bookish students as an ancient history lecherer.

Give a man a hot meal and he will feel warm and happy for a day.

Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

:P

• 2 weeks later...

I see...

This kind of game is also common in french and is called "contrepeteries".

Usually in such "contrepetries" when switching letters you change the

meaning of the sentence from an innocent one to a new one

generally "under the belt".

I prefer not give any example (and anyway nobody will understand...)