Where am I?

Paul, did the email go away? I looked in my personal area but didn't see it. There are a couple of messages that I'd save, if it's not going to be available in the future.

Thanks!

You mean the Messenger? It's up there same place as most personal stuff... click the triangle next to your name at top right of page, select Messenger. It's now threaded as "conversations" like Gmail.

Paul

Message space has gone up, I'm glad to see. I've been pushing at the edges of mine for years.

Paul, I have slain the fatted bodhran in your name. I trust you are placated.

(Very humbly)

Chris

Yeah, I was in a generous mood and so upped everyone's message space, upload space, and all other spaces I could find to increase. I must be getting old (and so taking up more space myself).

Thank you for the slaying of the bodhran. Slain bodhrans are always a good thing. To secure your space in heaven though you must now burn it (for our own safety).

Paul

Thanks, Paul, that's absolutely made my day.

4.gif

Chris

My pleasure. But don't forget, he who giveth can also take away. I take great pleasure in being a vengeful, wrathful, and impulsive forum deity.

Paul

Paul - don't know how this earlier post vanished but roughly it said - tks for such a lot of work by you and congratulations on update - onward and upward!

Gee, I love this new(like) site. B) I love the new colours and lay-outs. It may take a little getting used to, but it's a great change, as sometimes sticking to the same old lay-outs, pictures, colours, and other things can take away the fun of doing something... well, so it does with me. :ph34r:

Thanks, Paul, for keeping this site (?inhabited?, ?cool?)!

Cheers,

Patrick

Thanks, Paul, that's absolutely made my day.

4.gif

Chris

My pleasure. But don't forget, he who giveth can also take away. I take great pleasure in being a vengeful, wrathful, and impulsive forum deity.

Is it my imagination or does the splendid new web site take significantly longer to react to my instructions than did the old version? No problem....I've all the time in the world !

Paul

...I was in a generous mood and so upped everyone's message space, upload space, and all other spaces I could find to increase.

???

Right below here (while I'm in the composition page), next to the button that says "Click To Attach Files", it says "Used 0bytes of your 4.39MB global upload quota (Max. single file size: 4MB)". I thought the quota was 4.39 Mb before the upgrade, but that I had already used 3.4 Mb. I hope my earlier uploads haven't disappeared.

Pause.

OK, I checked a couple, and they're still there. But I still think those numbers are wrong. ;)

One thing I notice now appears to have gone AWOL is the detail regarding the location of the member .. it used to be useful to know where the person you were talking to was "from" ... witness things like the picture which Alan Day reported, and which could be viewed in the UK on the BBC i-player ... but not outside the UK etc etc etc... Is the facility still there, or has it just disappeared into oblivion??

One thing I notice now appears to have gone AWOL is the detail regarding the location of the member .. it used to be useful to know where the person you were talking to was "from" ... witness things like the picture which Alan Day reported, and which could be viewed in the UK on the BBC i-player ... but not outside the UK etc etc etc... Is the facility still there, or has it just disappeared into oblivion??

Hmm. I see that information can still be seen in my Profile, but now I can't find a way to enter/change it (which a person might need to do if they move).

Hmm. I see that information can still be seen in my Profile, but now I can't find a way to enter/change it (which a person might need to do if they move).

Click the "Edit my Profile" button, on the right hand side, just above the title bar above your picture on the profile.

Click the "Edit my Profile" button, on the right hand side, just above the title bar above your picture on the profile.

Well, well, well....
:)
Thanks, Boney.

Looks like my eye/brain automatically took that heavy line (the title bar) to indicate a division of the page into Profile (below) and non-Profile (above) before it reached my consciousness. So I didn't even look above the bar for ways to control stuff below the bar. Wrong! :o

Lots of interesting stuff there, including ways to turn off some of the "features" that I dislike. I'll have to investigate that more thoroughly.

Lots of interesting stuff there, including ways to turn off some of the "features" that I dislike. I'll have to investigate that more thoroughly.

One section, titled "Other Information" has what seems to be a list of different ways to communicate:

• MSN
  • Website URL
  • Jabber
And that list continues with

Eh?
:wacko:

...I was in a generous mood and so upped everyone's message space, upload space, and all other spaces I could find to increase.

???

Right below here (while I'm in the composition page), next to the button that says "Click To Attach Files", it says "Used 0bytes of your 4.39MB global upload quota (Max. single file size: 4MB)". I thought the quota was 4.39 Mb before the upgrade, but that I had already used 3.4 Mb. I hope my earlier uploads haven't disappeared.

Pause.

OK, I checked a couple, and they're still there. But I still think those numbers are wrong. ;)

OH I see it now. My manage attachments page says:

"You have used 1.65MB of 5.86MB

You have 17 attachments (28% used)"

and when I make a reply to a post, it says: "Used 0bytes of your 3.91MB global upload quota (Max. single file size: 3.91MB)"

That is a little discrepancy.

Thanks

Leo

I like the idea of being able to watch a topic; amongst various other things.

Cheers,

Patrick

P.s. and being able to vote for a particular post someone makes; even though I don't think I'll have to use it.

Edited by Patrick King