Practice Speakers

This is my way of helping recycle old computer speakers, which in this case are the smaller stereo type ones. Normally, I use a mini disc for recording session tunes and play back through headphones or put them on a CD for learning and practicing tunes. What I did here was take the old computer speakers, tape them together, tape up the extra cross connection wires so they don’t catch on anything and just leave the wire to the plug-in transformer and the wire that would go into the sound card at their original length. Since these speakers are self-powered I just plug the soundcard wire into the “headphone out” of the mini disc and use the volume control on the speakers to adjust the sound level. This is very portable and works great when the “music room” for the evenings practice happens to be the back of the garage. The setup is compact and cheap (since they might have been thrown out or forgotten in a basement shelf somewhere). I suspect it would also work for tape decks and MP3 recorders.