Royal Concertinas, Dungworth 17th Nov - Talk on Northern Concertina Ba

We are changing the format of our monthly meetings and from now on will feature a guest speaker or performer at meetings.We have had many fine players in the past from all over the world so please support the sessions,which are as always free.

The speaker at our next meeting will be Neil Wayne who will give a talk on Northern Concertina Bands illustrated with unique memorabilia and recordings from his collection.This will be followed by the usual music session.Neil was instrumental in introducing many of the remaining band players 1970's to the younger enthusiasts .I remember with great affection meeting many of them at the Concertina Conventions that Neil organised.

The December meeting on 8th December, will also feature our Christmas Dinner so we will start slightly earlier at 7.30pm.If you want a Dinner reserve places with me.The cost will be around £20 for a five course meal and mince pies and coffe. Places are limited so contact me asap to reserve a place(s).

All musicians and singers are welcome even if you do not want to eat.I suggest if you are not eating you turn up at 9.00pm.

More details from Mark Davis Edeophone@aol.com

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of people have contacted me to say they will will attending Royal Concertinas to hear Neil Wayne's talk on"Northern Concertina Bands"so could I recommend if you want to get in to arrive by 8.00pm.We have a number of fine players attending from around the UK so a good music session is likely to follow the talk.

A lot of people have contacted me to say they will will attending Royal Concertinas to hear Neil Wayne's talk on"Northern Concertina Bands"so could I recommend if you want to get in to arrive by 8.00pm.We have a number of fine players attending from around the UK so a good music session is likely to follow the talk.

I so wish that I could attend.

It was avery good and interesting talk with lots of anecdotes in Neil's inimitable style! Good information sheets were passed around.

He says it's all going on his concertina museum web site eventually .

I know one recording of the 'chat' as Neil called it and the contributions from the other enthusiasts at the Royal was made.

As an insight into the social history of the Northern bands it was great.

Royal Concertinas Christmas Bash Tuesday 8th December 7.30pm

Five course Christmas Dinner with guest musician Dave Prebble.If you are eating the cost will be £20 per head.If you are not eating come about 9.00pm to hear Dave and join the session.Why not come a few days earlier and sing carols at The Royal on Sunday 12.00pm and The Sportsman.Lodge Moor,Sheffield on Monday evening 8.30pm.Email me if you want to eat or require directions.

Mark Davies