Wakker phoenix

Seán Ó Fearghail

Hi, a friend is looking to sell a metal ended, year old, wheatstone reeded wakker phoenix. Any one interested can send me a PM. thanks all.

Out of curiosity, please: the Wakker website doesn't list any prices for the Phoenix--would it be inappropriate to ask what they sell for?

Out of curiosity, please: the Wakker website doesn't list any prices for the Phoenix--would it be inappropriate to ask what they sell for?

Wakker doesn't sell the Phoenix, he makes them for Chris Alger using reeds supplied by Chris from old concertina's that he deems to be beyond rescue. Price varies with the particular construction and quality of reeds used. Prices 3-4 years ago were GBP2000+ for hardwood ended low end reeds (the black ended one on Wim's website), up to GBP3000+ for an amboyna ended model with top quality reeds. I have one identical to the amboyna photo on Wims site. For current prices contact Chris directly - or make ofearghail7 an offer.

The Phoenix Page

Wakker doesn't sell the Phoenix, he makes them for Chris Alger using reeds supplied by Chris from old concertina's that he deems to be beyond rescue. Price varies with the particular construction and quality of reeds used. Prices 3-4 years ago were GBP2000+ for hardwood ended low end reeds (the black ended one on Wim's website), up to GBP3000+ for an amboyna ended model with top quality reeds. I have one identical to the amboyna photo on Wims site. For current prices contact Chris directly - or make ofearghail7 an offer.

The Phoenix Page

According to Chris Algar's website, the Wakker Phoenix goes for between £3750 - £4000 these days (prices as of July 2009). I suppose the price isn't helped by the fact that they now have to be imported from America.

Chris Algar

• 2 weeks later...