FS: Harry Geuns hybrid bandonion (C system), single choir

keithfre

I'm selling this as I've decided to switch to chromatic bandonion. It's the only single-choir (one set of reeds, only the low no octave) student model Harry has ever made using the Gabla system (C system). It's similar to the model shown on Harry's "What's New" page (the buttons are gold, with black F & C). It's in very good condition and has just been tuned and voiced by Harry. The new price was 720 euros, plus 120 for the tuning. I'm asking 500 euros plus shipping (from the Netherlands).

If I sell it through concertina.net I shall of course make a contribution.

I'm selling this as I've decided to switch to chromatic bandonion. It's the only single-choir (one set of reeds, only the low no octave) student model Harry has ever made using the Gabla system (C system). It's similar to the model shown on Harry's "What's New" page (the buttons are gold, with black F & C). It's in very good condition and has just been tuned and voiced by Harry. The new price was 720 euros, plus 120 for the tuning. I'm asking 500 euros plus shipping (from the Netherlands).

If I sell it through concertina.net I shall of course make a contribution.

Keith, is this a Harry-made one or a chinese one?

Sorry, I wasn't sure. I have one of his chinese ones but it's voiced in octaves. I know that there was allegedly a batch of 5 that were made initially. A fellow on youtube is playing one. Thought it might be different from mine but I guess that it's being single voiced and button colour would be the main differences.

Sorry, I wasn't sure. I have one of his chinese ones but it's voiced in octaves. I know that there was allegedly a batch of 5 that were made initially. A fellow on youtube is playing one. Thought it might be different from mine but I guess that it's being single voiced and button colour would be the main differences.

As far as I know Harry's still selling the octave-voiced Chinese student models. I saw one from him recently on ebay. This is the only single-voiced one he made, as a prototype.

So it was made by Harry or in China? If Harry made it, I'd be really interested. If it's an early Chinese model with single voicing, less so.

Harry has all his student models made in China. He's done a fair amount of work on this one since it came from China, though, including the recent 3.5 hours on tuning and intonation. It's not an early model, in fact it has some improvements over the early student model (the keys don't stick or come off any more as was reportedly the case with the early ones).

You won't find a European maker handcrafting bandoneons for under around 3000 euros!