Concertina Connection Jack baritone English concertina

keithfre

I shall be sorry to see this dear little instrument go. I'm selling because I've switched to chromatic bandoneon. It's in very good condition, with leather baffles fitted for a softer, more mellow sound. It is played-in (the bellows move easily) but otherwise hasn't been played very much. Complete with bag and tutor.

I'm asking 200 euros (about 186 pounds sterling at the time of posting) plus shipping from the Netherlands to wherever you are.

If I sell it through concertina.net I will of course make a contribution.

It's in very good condition, with leather baffles fitted for a softer, more mellow sound.

Keith,

How well do the baffles work? I had a Jackie but its voice was just too loud and strident for me. I tried adding wooden baffles but it did not seem to make a difference.

Rand

It's in very good condition, with leather baffles fitted for a softer, more mellow sound.

How well do the baffles work? I had a Jackie but its voice was just too loud and strident for me. I tried adding wooden baffles but it did not seem to make a difference.

Rand

I can certainly hear a difference. I guess it's a question of how much difference one is expecting...

Any noticeable difference would be nice. I assume you can hear your voice over the instrument without undue yelling?

I have no difficulty playing softly on it - to the extent that I can play it at all... Mind you, I worked on playing softly right from the start. The leather baffles seem to restrict the air flow somewhat, which helps.

Edited by keithfre