A request for Alan Day

Nigel

I was playing the Rosbif waltz, as best I could, thinking , what a gorgeous tune it was, especially when played by Rosbif and not me. I had a little hunt on the internet to see if I could find any Rosbif cds. There was a suggestions that the 2 cds were being re-released as a single package. Did this ever happen, and where can I find them?

I would love to hear some more French tunes. I really enjoy Nigel Chippendale's petit valse on Anglo International. There seems to be a beautiful melancholy to French music. I brought my concertina into school to play to my class ( now that's a captive audience - listen or it's extra homework!) and one of my boys said, " Can you play any of those sad French songs?" Unfortunately I couldn't. At least it would be sad, but only to someone who enjoys French music. To them it would be heart breaking. "How could you do this to the music I love?"

Anyway, Alan if you are out there, did anything happen with the Rosbif cds?

Many thanks

Nigel

yes, by all means, if there is to be a re-issue of Rosbif recordings, please inform us, as I, among many others would like very much to acquire them. Or Nigel Chippendale and ERIC, too!

RB

Hi All. Can't speak for the Rosbif LPs (I too would be interested!).

As for the Boy band ERIC...

We'd justed started planning our first album when Nigel was taken ill, and the nature of his cancer precluded any chance of a Proper recording. The only ERIc stuff that I have are a few Demos, a couple of BBC Sidmouth tracks, and some very dodgy sounding "Back of the Folk Club" type stuff. Colin and I have talked about it over the years, but, in all honesty, I doubt that it would sell!!

The total is only about 30 minutes!!

Sorry Robert, can't see it happening.

Regards Ralphie

I have the Rosbif recordings not on a single cd but on a single tape...

A french tune I have moved on youtube is scottiche a servant

I have recordings of 2 events in 2002 and 2003 of a number of french, dutch and german musicians (including me, not on concertina but on bouzouki and fiddle) that played a lot of traditional french and also some jewish music in Chassignolles in an old jewish settlement called "la Rabine" in Auvergne. I am about releasing a CD of them, anyone who is interested, drop me a line.

Ralph,

Are you refering to the "Nigel Chippendale out-takes" which was issued as a cassette, which I have a copy of. I think that you would get some takers if that were released on CD.

Robin

Hi Robin...

Yes, the very same, although in the past year I've found a few more bits on an old demo tape that I have no memory of recording! Not very good quality, but, beggars can't be choosers!! Well thats two of you on board....Only 998 more to go!

Seriously, I might consider doing a limited run, if there was more interest than 2 people!!

Completely Non profit making. Any pittance I might get would go off to Charity.. No artwork...(A few naff photos is all).

Such a shame that we never realised our ideas properly..and he died 23 years ago. I'm just amazed that anyone remembers him!

Regards Ralphie

Such a shame that we never realised our ideas properly..and he died 23 years ago. I'm just amazed that anyone remembers him!

How can anyone forget someone like Nigel? I still have the Wheatstone Anglo which I bought when Nigel was at Hobgoblin, in 1982.

How can anyone forget someone like Nigel? I still have the Wheatstone Anglo which I bought when Nigel was at Hobgoblin, in 1982.

I was playing my way through the 'Chippendales Cheery Chunes' book just the other day .... some lovely tunes there are in there too.

Seriously, I might consider doing a limited run, if there was more interest than 2 people!!

Completely Non profit making. Any pittance I might get would go off to Charity.. No artwork...(A few naff photos is all).

Make that 3 then please Ralphie. Sounds like a good idea to me. :)

Make that 4 then please Ralphie. Sounds like a good idea to me. :)

Marien

Make that 5. I was only 13 when Nigel died but he made a big impression on me. He used to stay with us when playing at Bracknell Folk Festival, turning up with a car stuffed to the gunnels with the instruments he played! Used to take the time to play tunes with me and my sister, and even wrote me a tune that he played, with an accompaniment for me based on the 4 notes I could play on the fiddle when I was about 8. Only wish I could find the piece of manuscript he wrote it on!

Would love a copy of the cassette on CD!

Cheers

Paul

I would love to hear some more French tunes. I really enjoy Nigel Chippendale's petit valse on Anglo International.

Just went back and listened, as I tend to listen on my mp3 player and so not notice names of tracks or performers. That's one of the tracks that stood out. :) Nice.

I'd be interested too, so that's 6. Only 994 to go.

Nigel

I'd be interested too - so that's ....

Altogether now, in our best Len Goodman voice ...

Seven!

lol! That made me laugh.

Hello everybody peeps!

I am genuinely touched by your requests for copies of the Eric tapes...

I really didn't think that there would be any interest at all!

I don't intend to do a commercial release , but, having said that I'm willing to do a very limited run for you sad people (!!) who remember us!!

It'll be nothing posh packaging wise. And I'll get back to you as to cost (5 or 6 pounds ball park figure).

Best to send me a contact address/E Mail via personal messages and I'll see what I can do....

Thanks for your kind words

Ralph

(aka the ERIC massif!!)