Morse Baritone

Galley Wench

I am seriously thinking of selling my Morse Baritone. The only reason being that I don't play it. I bought it about a year to 18 months ago to do song accompanyment and then discovered I found it easier to use the lower notes on my Aeola so it has hardly been played. How much should I be looking for? I paid about £1,500, can't say exact as I bought it along with an Edeophone and traded in two other concertina's but I am sure it was about that on the price tag. It is complete with original box.

Hope someone out there can help with some advice.

I'm interested! I Just sent you a message on the concertina.net message service!

Blake

I did try to reply but got the message into a bit of a mess and I think I sent you a blank email. I will try again later but it won't let me send another just now - it might have to wait till tomorrow.

Cheers

Can anyone explain the vast price difference between what The Button Box is selling for and what The Music Room in the UK is selling for?

I was about to say something clever about the difference between buying directly from the manufacturer and buying from a retailer, but it occurred to me that you probably did buy directly from the Button Box, so even that plus UK import duties (and would VAT apply here?) wouldn't account for it. My theory is that there are two factors to account for it: firstly, that when you order an instrument from the BB, they then have to make it, so buying from The Music Room saves you a couple of months and any hassle you'd have with HM Customs & Excise, which is worth something; and secondly, that The Music Room feels that a little more profit than there would otherwise be is fitting and appropriate. :rolleyes:

jdms

• 2 weeks later...

I have just checked the cost of duty and VAT and discovered that the Button Box price is about the same as the Music Room! I bought mine from the Music room just over a year ago and it is as new and since I bought a Symphonie (Medieval Hurdy Gurdy) at the weekend it is definately up for sale. Pleae feel free to email with any offers.

• 4 weeks later...