What (or Who) Is Your Avatar?

I will tell you all about my avater when I can work out how to put it in the top left hand corner.

FAILED AGAIN

My several failed attempts at putting up an avatar were all as a result of the image being too big (too many kb, or too many pixels by too many pixels). So I kept shrinking it inexpertly using a photo processing programme :blink: !

Good luck!

Samantha

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(squinting at Grumpyhermit's avatar)

What deck is that from??

Edit: Oh, and my avatar is Barney. We were asked to take him in to the rescue group I work with two weeks before his person died of cancer.

Edited by Rhomylly

(squinting at Grumpyhermit's avatar)

What deck is that from??

Edit: Oh, and my avatar is Barney. We were asked to take him in to the rescue group I work with two weeks before his person died of cancer.

He's cute. Did you keep him? (Barney, not grumpyhermit. Although he may also be cute.)

Helen

Yes, Helen, Barney is still one of the dogs available for adoption :( he 's had to move on to another foster home however, because after 7 years of being an only dog, he wasn't adapting well to being one of 5 dogs. He's lost a lot of weight, too!

When I played with a group called Rosbif we were booked to do a Hurdy Girdy weekend.At that weekend was a lovely lady from Scotland who brought with her some little Hurdy Gurdy men made from moulding clay.I purchased one from her and asked her if she could possibly make me a concertina man,which she did.

We were making our second record at the time and my suggestion was to approach out Scottish lady and see if she could make the rest of the band,which she did.

If you ever purchased that record you will see Hurdy Gurdy man,Concertina man.Violin man,French bagpipe man,Bassoon man and Cello Woman.

The record distributor unfortunately got a bit cross with people ringing him up to see where they could buy the figures.

Regards

Alan

Ps if this little man appears at the top LH corner it will be the first time.If he doesn`t then I think I will have a sob in a laybye somewhere.

Sob what are you doing down here

Edited by Alan Day

It's okay, Alan, I get confused by geography also. But hey, this time you at least got it on the board.

See, you went to the Greek Islands, and now your sense of direction is kerplouey.

Okay, I made up that word, but there is some word like it somewhere. Probably where your atavar, no, avatar, your thingy with the pixels is.

Heleln

:rolleyes: Ah yes Jill,

Thank you. You can be the resident geographic expert. And yes Wikitina is in the Pacific Ocean. You're good at this. Forget technology, you should teach geography.

There is the Wikitina Atoll which is uninhabitable. (You can't live there at all.)

Wikitina Island which is beautiful with blue water and white sandy beaches, but is becoming overun with concertina players.

And some other Wikitina place that I forget. Maybe someone else knows.

Helen

I have attempted to make a concertina playing smilie and am using it as my avatar for now. Feel free to use it, or edit it. I don't know how to animate it but if someone out there does that would be cool too.

Thanks Henk! I knew there was a computer wiz out there somewhere. I may not be a good concertina player, but at least I have a cool avatar now.

Since this was team effort I feel the image belongs to the group, not just me, so everyone feel free to use it in posts if you wish. The original idea was not mine, but Heather D's (she is not on this board but I wanted to give her credit). She made another animated smilie and told me how to make one. I made the concertina smilie but didn't have the brains to animate it. Henk did. So it was a three person job.

Edited by Rex