For the Dipper curious...

Azalin

Well, I finally did the webpage about my dear Dipper concertina, this is something I meant to do for quite a while but was in some kind of hibernate-mode. I'm a bit of a freak, really, to go into this trouble for a musical instrument, but when you're obsessed like me, and you love instruments... Anyhow, here's the link:

http://www.metayer.info/dipper/

My friend came over last week and took a few pictures with his super duper camera, I really like the pictures! I pretty much cancelled my daily practice to do this, so it's not something I'm going to do again anytime soon. Missing practice time is blasphemy!

Anyhow, I hope some people will enjoy seeing a Dipper up close and personal.

Azalin, you have a beautiful and well built instrument. I enjoyed listening to the clips as well as looking at the photos. Thank you for sharing the photos and music. I hope to share my photos of my 40 button Dipper C/G with you ... a year from now.

Good luck with your 40 buttons Ben! Jim, the extra button my mainly give me a reversed F# and E on the left side, also reversed G# and Bb on both sides, and another reversed F# on the right side. So far, I've only been using the reversed #F on the left side but I might add one note every year so might end using using the extra notes in 7 years :lol: