'little Know Facts'

:blink: Okay, so, I recently registered for the upcoming NE Squeeze-in. I would have stayed in a cabin happily enough, but hubby said why not get a room with all the food and everything. Okay, fine.

So, I register for the weekend. Two nights, food, and etc..

MY CAT IS GOING AWAY FOR ONE NIGHT AND IT WILL COST US EVEN MORE THAN THE SQUEEZE-IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting our cat spayed is going to cost us more than the entire NE Squeeze-in weekend. Geesh.

I don't even think she gets any workshops outta the deal.

(Of course, at the Sqeeze-in, I don't expect to get neutered...okay?)

ANYWAY....that's one pricey kitty cat. We do have another un-spayed cat, but, she'll just stay that way...she doesn't drive me crazy like this particular one does, with her meowling.

Hmmm..

Ah, but in due course her kittens will!

Word to the wise...

Chris

Well, we don't let them outside, except on a leash. (We do have one old cat that does go outside -- he moved here with us from our former location, was an outdoor guy.)

We have some coyotes and foxes, etc., around here sometimes, and these little cats are definitely housecats. I wouldn't want them to run into a coyote! Or, whatever else is 'out there.'

...maybe she's been trying to communicate to me how my concertina playing sounds to her.

This is very interesting; we have two cats; one is quite happy to curl up under my chair whilst I play concertina. The other runs for cover [preferably as far away as he can get :)]

However both don't appreciate the sound of my hubby playing the saxophone, although personally I think he sounds very good. :P

Haven't tried the harp, whistle or guitar yet.... :)

Cheers

Morgana

Our late cat used to always to try to sit on my lap between me and the concertina when I was playing. This was not a protest as she only started to yowl and paw at me when I stopped! When I eventually manage to get sufficiently IT equipped I shall get a photo posted.

Robin Madge.

Our late cat used to always to try to sit on my lap between me and the concertina when I was playing.

Robin -- that's what one of our cats does. I think he's jealous of the concertina, wants the attention. I finally got him to go sit on my husband, instead, if he's in the room. Anyway, it's been a fool-proof way to locate that cat if I couldn't find him -- I'd just start playing, and he'd appear!

Of the two younger cats, one has the weird habit of running up to me and biting me in the leg when I start playing. She's usually a very loveable cat, so, it's actually kind of funny.

The one that whines a lot and is scheduled for the spaying (to save us all...herself included, I think) if actually the one that's pretty indifferent to my playing, otherwise.

I keep thinking of that Jim Carey movie, 'Pet Detective.' Gee, wonder what would have happened if he'd played the concertina, too! :D

Jim -- okay, maybe I'll compose a song for the cats. It'll have to have spoons clinking against cat dishes, though, in order for them to APPRECIATE

Our late cat used to always to try to sit on my lap between me and the concertina when I was playing.

Robin -- that's what one of our cats does. I think he's jealous of the concertina, wants the attention. I finally got him to go sit on my husband, instead, if he's in the room. Anyway, it's been a fool-proof way to locate that cat if I couldn't find him -- I'd just start playing, and he'd appear!

Of the two younger cats, one has the weird habit of running up to me and biting me in the leg when I start playing. She's usually a very loveable cat, so, it's actually kind of funny.

The one that whines a lot and is scheduled for the spaying (to save us all...herself included, I think) if actually the one that's pretty indifferent to my playing, otherwise.

I keep thinking of that Jim Carey movie, 'Pet Detective.' Gee, wonder what would have happened if he'd played the concertina, too! :D

Jim -- okay, maybe I'll compose a song for the cats. It'll have to have spoons clinking against cat dishes, though, in order for them to APPRECIATE it!

Haven't tried the harp, whistle or guitar yet.... :)

Oops, didn't mean to post twice...I had button trouble, here...sorry.

Anyway, re guitar, I never had any pets even acknowledge my guitar-playing. I think that's why I was so amazed to get such strange reactions to reed instruments.

My cats are completely indifferent to my concertina or accordion playing. Or maybe they hide so deeply in the house that I don't see them.

My Cocker Spaniel ignores the music. My Bichon, on the other hand, howls. Really, it is pitiful. But maybe I'll believe some of the previous posters on other threads and think that he is singing. And happy. Ha.

Not a chance.

Helen

Of the two younger cats, one has the weird habit of running up to me and biting me in the leg when I start playing.

Cats are pretty good at understanding what's going on,... and doing something about it.

While visiting a friend, I played a little on the tin whistle. Her cat seemed interested, but not overly excited one way or the other. Then her boyfriend decided to take a try on the whistle. The cat climbed up (we were seated on the sofa) listened and peered intently at the end of the whistle, then stepped foward and took a mean swipe at... the player.

No confusion there over who/what was responsible for the annoyance! :)

My cat pretty well ignores me whenever I play either the concertina or flute. He does get up and leave most times when I pick up a whistle, because he doesn't much like the upper octave, especially since that is louder than the lower octave.

My dog, on the other hand, absolutely loves it when I play anything. She's the best audience I could have! She gets very attentive and excited when I get out an instrument, and then often sings along, very quietly, when I play. Of course, then she tends to lie down at my feet and go to sleep, which I guess a really good audience wouldn't do....

:)

Steven