Missing or stolen Castagnari

cassqueeze

A friend of mine has reported missing, possibly stolen, a 2.5 row DG Castagnari Mori melodeon, with some specially modified features. It was not in its original case, but in a black holdall. A reward is being offered for its safe return.

Should any member be aware of an instrument of this type being offered for sale, on ebay, or elsewhere, please contact its distressed owner directly on 07824 324285

A friend of mine has reported missing, possibly stolen, a 2.5 row DG Castagnari Mori melodeon, with some specially modified features. It was not in its original case, but in a black holdall. A reward is being offered for its safe return.

Should any member be aware of an instrument of this type being offered for sale, on ebay, or elsewhere, please contact its distressed owner directly on 07824 324285

If you haven't already done so, it will be worth reporting the loss to the Stolen Instrument Gallery on Facebook, set up by Ed Rennie. Click on http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=55285563869

Chris

What was the geographical location that the melodian disappeared from? Did the owner happen to have the serial number recorded? We all hope this incident can be suitably resolved and the instrument restored to it's rightful owner. KerryF

Location was Plymouth. Disappeared over the weekend. I believe serial number was recorded although I don;t have it.

As Chris has said, the Stolen Instrument Gallery on Facebook would be a useful place to post any photographs. The Mudcat Forum is also a good place to post a description of the instrument (including perhaps details of the special modifications which you refer to?)

Please everyone. Take Photographs of all instruments. Serial numbers, distinguishing features, etc...

In the age of digital cameras, it is the work of minutes. and could save you lots of grief, if the shit ever hit the fan.

Ralphie

(Egg sucking Grandmother!)

And join the Facebook Group... It's free, and it might be useful in the future.

Regards Ralphie

Further information on this box has now been posted up on the Facebook Stolen Instrument Gallery which can be accessed at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo.p...oid=55285563869

The information on this group now reads:

"This D/G Castagnari Mori was stolen in the early hours of Saturday morning, 19th September 2009, in Plymouth Devon.

It is made of Walnut and the lowest button on the D row is a non standard tuning.

The melodeon was in a black canvass holdall/shoulder bag, NOT in it's Castagnari hard case.

If you have any information please telephone 01752 265869"

Please spread the word on this one.

As Ralphie said, if you're not already a member of Facebook it might be worth joining - this group has the potential to post photos up for all to see in a very short space of time. And as he said, photos are an absolute must. (And in this digital age, you should ensure that you back photos etc up in at least three places to fend against the possibility of your hard drive crashing and wiping them out of existence).

.....And in this digital age, you should ensure that you back photos etc up in at least three places to fend against the possibility of your hard drive crashing and wiping them out of existence.

If you have an online email account, you might want to consider sending yourself an email with the images attached - that way, you can logon to your account from any location and retrieve the images.

Just don't upload them to an online photo site where you can be identified or traced.

:P I am pleased to report that this instrument has now been reunited with its owner. Many thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Excellent. Do tell......

From the pen of Ed Rennie of the Stolen Instrument Gallery.

Subject: Stolen Castagnari returned!

Hi all

Well I am delighted to tell you that the stolen Castagnari has been reunited with it's rightful owner. Both are doing well.

I have been asked by the owners family to thank everyone for all their help and vigilence.

We met up last Saturday actually and it was looking quite hopeful then. And it seems that the facebook presence played a big part.

So the gallery works! Fantastic.

Tell the world to sign up and don't forget to take those piccies, record those serial numbers etc etc etc!

I shall now take huge delight in deleting the photos from the Gallery.

One up to us!

Cheers

Ed

Chris