Avast!

Rhomylly

Avast ye fellow squeezers, it be once again Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Johnny Depp has recently announced that he will appear in Pirates of the Carribbean 4.

Let's all get ready to play "spot the concertina" while watching.

(yes, I know that, historically, pirates and concertinas have nothing to do with each other but still...)

Arrr!

I believe the U.S. cartoon phenomenon "Sponge Bob Square Pants" (which does have concertina tracks as part of the background sound) begins with a priate captain saying,

"Arrr yah ready kids?"

For talk like a pirate day? Aye, aye, Captain!!

Greg

Avast ye fellow squeezers, it be once again Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Johnny Depp has recently announced that he will appear in Pirates of the Carribbean 4.

Let's all get ready to play "spot the concertina" while watching.

(yes, I know that, historically, pirates and concertinas have nothing to do with each other but still...)

Arrr!

Pirates of Carribbean is yet another insult to our culture. Let's hope that the backbone of it is strong enough to withstand the onslaught.

"Concertina and Pirates have nothing in common" is my slogan of the Day.

Take it from one who (still) plays concertina and used to work on "Pirates of Carribbean". So I'm an insider in both camps. One of them stinks.

I'm findin' that a flask of rum be th' key fer endurin' a "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie.

It makes me "Arrrrgh" the more hearty.

OOOO! Maybe we could invent a 'Pirates of the Caribbean' drinking game! Like, every time Kiera Knightley rolls her eyes, take a drink. Or every time Johnny Depp gets "that look" on his face, take a drink...

Yar! So glad ye've all remembered this fine holiday. I must sadly admit that I didn't play any tunes on me "Pirate Accordion" today, as I spent the day in the 18th century, alas.

5820_1103253943204_1282380040_30266779_8020665_n.jpg

Though this picture does suggest that sailors have, at some point, had concertinas on board with them. Not the greatest picture, but you can kind of see the 'tina.

Guest Peter Laban

Some time ago, during lunch after Kitty Hayes' funeral actually, we had a running joke when Jackie Daly suggested one of company around our table (which included a number of concertina players including Claire Keville) should use the title of this book to name a concertina CD.

I need some grog now, whatever that may be...

Grog is rum with a wide assortment of stuff in it, from weak beer to lemons to boiling water to cinnamon.

According to Wikipedia, that is.

Right, that is the medicin version, the old recepy to attaque the mexican influenza, the pirate grog seems to come in three colours, but I suspect that the main ingredient forany grog is alcohol, which will make you feel groggy.