Stilted

Rod

In today's edition of 'Western Gazette', accompanying a report on The Great Dorset Steam Fair, there appears a picture of Jasper Debussy who was billed as 'the only accordion-playing stilts walker in the world'. Come on now...surely not the ONLY one ?

Well, I walk on stilts and I play the English concertina but I have never tried both actions at the same time in case I fell. I wouldn't want to risk damaging my tina! There used to be an act called The Stiltoneers, who walked on 3ft high stilts and played a variety of musical instruments, including accordion, fiddle, woodwind, brass, and appeared at various local fetes and festivals in England, some years ago.

Chris

Well, I walk on stilts and I play the English concertina but I have never tried both actions at the same time in case I fell. I wouldn't want to risk damaging my tina!

Chris

Chris,

If you do give it a go, please let us know if the tone changes as you crash to the ground. Oh!, and, of course, look out for those ceiling fans. :P

Not on stilts, but I was given a calendar by my nephew at Christmas, and I suddenly noticed that September had a concertina in it!

Not quite up in the air - but it could have been :lol:

The guy with the concertina looks a bit embarrassed by the whole thing - I'll have to ask nephew Leo (the skinny white guy at the top of the right hand column - and several other places :blink: ) about that shot.

Chris

Edited by spindizzy