22 replies to this topic

#19 Dieppe

Dieppe

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

Just out of curiosity I weighed my Wheatstone Baritone at the post office. It comes in at 3 lbs. 10.3 oz. Which is 1652.8 grams. It does seem heavy now and then.

---
Patrick

#20 David Levine

David Levine

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:46 AM

My Wally Carroll 30 button C/G weighs in at 1178 gr. That's very light for a concertina with traditional brass-framed steel reeds - and the sound is spectacular. Wally designed the concertina to be very light and this is one of the lightest "real" concertinas made. If weight is an issue this concertina would be perfect -- it is effortless to hold and a joy to play.

#21 Lofty

Lofty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:12 AM

I had always thought my Jeffries Duet was a bit weighty - I've just checked....it's 2.25kgs!

It does get a bit heavy after a while whilst standing up when playing for morris.

I think my Ĉola Baritone Trumps your Duet wolsop. It weighs in at 2041g!

...................... Any Bass players out there? ;)

I play a single-acting Wheatstone 56 key Bass/Baritone EC. It weighs in at 6 lbs 12.5 ounces: that's 3.085Kg.

I don't often play standing up!

Edited by Lofty, 01 April 2009 - 10:14 AM.

#22 Paul Woloschuk

Paul Woloschuk

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:12 AM

I had always thought my Jeffries Duet was a bit weighty - I've just checked....it's 2.25kgs!
It does get a bit heavy after a while whilst standing up when playing for morris.

I play a single-acting Wheatstone 56 key Bass/Baritone EC. It weighs in at 6 lbs 12.5 ounces: that's 3.085Kg.

I take my hat off to you...and step aside to allow you top step on the podium (that is, if you can climb up there with all that weight!) :)

#23 Lofty

Lofty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:57 AM

I take my hat off to you...and step aside to allow you top step on the podium (that is, if you can climb up there with all that weight!) :)

It's only a 'Small Bass', according to the Wheatstone ledgers at http://www.horniman....ES/CAP2240S.HTM

Does anybody own a 'Large Bass' (and some scales)?

Lofty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users