#19 Bill N

Bill N

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:19 AM

That must be the deluxe model. Pretty snazzy. :D

I think so. I've seen a few now, and they all have perfectly flat ends, whereas this one has bevelled corners which give it a slight "domed" or "raised" end. I've added a wider strap, which makes it easier to play (see thread under instrument construction..) It really sounds and plays relatively well, though I've discovered that it is a little flat of concert pitch.

#20 Adagio

Adagio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:09 PM

Hi all! This is my 1st. time on concertina net. I just joined your august group today! I too own an old Scholer 21 button concertina that I recently purchased off e-bay. It too has all the fancy metal trim pieces,roses,beveled edges, red marbelized ends, and two metal badges. One badge is mounted on a palm rest and says made in germany. The other is Scholers medalion with two eagles hovering over, what seems to be the planet Saturn. The only repair I had to make was a bit of wooden dowling to replace the air button which was missing. It has a beautiful deep tremolo sound on it's lower keys and a bright crisp and clean tone in the upper range. There is a mark (imbedded in the plastic) near the air button that says;with the aid of a magnifying glass; GERMANY USSR OCCUPIED. I hope I have'nt rambled on too long. Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users