Shoulder Pain

dwinterfield

Just curious, but how many with shoulder pain play anglo as opposed to english concertina? Does it equal out,

I mean do the english players have the same shoulder pain as the anglo players? I play both anglo and

english (by the same maker), and I find that the english doesn't bother my shoulder as much as the anglo.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, but how many with shoulder pain play anglo as opposed to english concertina? Does it equal out,

I mean do the english players have the same shoulder pain as the anglo players? I play both anglo and

english (by the same maker), and I find that the english doesn't bother my shoulder as much as the anglo.

I think that the point is not to force the action, I mean, let the bellows go and try to play with the minimum effort. I almost got a tendinitis (sp?) in my right wrist when playing fiddle, and as tension in both hands must be the same, my left hand didn't respond well enough. I solved that bowing faster - instead of pressure on the bow - and the problem was solved.

I reckon that the fact that proves that you're mastering a musical instrument is that you feel comfortable with it. Indeed, a lot of them are a pain in the neck ergonomically speaking. But at the end, you get happily accustomed :)

Is a good idea to buy a book of gimnastic exercices for musicians, tho.

Cheers,

Fer