38 replies to this topic

#37 SqeezerGeezer

SqeezerGeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

Just curious, but how many with shoulder pain play anglo as opposed to english concertina? Does it equal out,
I mean do the english players have the same shoulder pain as the anglo players? I play both anglo and
english (by the same maker), and I find that the english doesn't bother my shoulder as much as the anglo.

#38 Fergus_fiddler

Fergus_fiddler

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:06 AM

Just curious, but how many with shoulder pain play anglo as opposed to english concertina? Does it equal out,
I mean do the english players have the same shoulder pain as the anglo players? I play both anglo and
english (by the same maker), and I find that the english doesn't bother my shoulder as much as the anglo.

I think that the point is not to force the action, I mean, let the bellows go and try to play with the minimum effort. I almost got a tendinitis (sp?) in my right wrist when playing fiddle, and as tension in both hands must be the same, my left hand didn't respond well enough. I solved that bowing faster - instead of pressure on the bow - and the problem was solved.

I reckon that the fact that proves that you're mastering a musical instrument is that you feel comfortable with it. Indeed, a lot of them are a pain in the neck ergonomically speaking. But at the end, you get happily accustomed :)

Is a good idea to buy a book of gimnastic exercices for musicians, tho.

Cheers,

Fer

#39 michael sam wild

michael sam wild

Ineluctable Opinionmaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2641 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:12 PM

hi Fer
What kind of exercises do you recommend? I play Anglo
Mike