The information could be simple:
* City and State of primary studio;
* Instruments taught (Anglo/English/piano accordion, et. al.);
* Musical genres (Celtic, ECD, etc.);
* Special experience or expertise -- years playing or teaching, relevant educational background, and any groups they might play/record with currently.
* Teaching style -- whether they teach by ear or from paper; and
* Additional comments -- this could include any other information they think would help a potential student make a decision regarding taking lessons such as a preference for intermediate students rather than rank beginners.
This could be made into a simple form that each individual teacher could/should fill out and update periodically.
Several people I know used that particular instrument forum's teacher listing to find qualified instructors when they were traveling on business. They knew they'd be in, say, New Jersey for a week and away from their regular teacher, so they'd look at the list to find someone to meet with during a lull in their schedule. They would contact the teacher prior to their trip and make arrangements for a lesson.
I know I'm new and don't want to rock the boat, but I think this could be a fantastic resource for everyone who participates in the forum if it were centralized.
Edited by ldpaulson, 29 December 2003 - 10:25 PM.