Peli Storm Case Strap

Having searched the forums, I can't find an answer to the following question, so please excuse me if I have missed any answer.

I have a Hardigg (now Peli) iM2075 Storm Case for my concertina. There is a strap available which has to be fitted by the buyer. However, UK companies I can find only sell the strap alone, which is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike without the fittings. Does anyone know of a UK supplier who sells the fittings please?

I did not know that a shoulder strap is available.

Is it this strap? If so then a review on the web-site says:

"This shoulder strap comes with the hardware to mount to case so that strap can be clipped on when required. It requires drilling a hole through case and mounting metal ring to case. This could be done to any waterproof case. The instructions give accurate diameter drill holes and hardware does come with rubber O ring that seals hole water tight. I did add my own metal and rubber washer to inside of case to insure strength and water tightness. The purchase was worth it for the hardware which would be difficult to find but I find the shoulder pad slippery. I have clipped on other shoulder straps/pads when required that have better grip on the shoulder. You can carry it over the head which means the pad is fine but I tend to often carry the case on just the shoulder."

Yes, this is the strap. However, their advertising does not mention the fittings, only the review you quote does, and that leads me to believe that the UK companies that sell it might also supply the fittings without mentioning that fact, so I'll give them a ring.

Great advice Alex but they might be hard to come by if one only needs two. I tend to put a blob of nail varnish on the nut. A sharp twist clears this for removal but it stops it coming loose otherwise.

Edited by Hereward

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Forgive me, Robin, just trying to get oriented on your photo. As far as I can make out, your bolt goes through the flange that’s part of the locking mechanism, under the lever/flaps, and totally outside the interior of the case, so waterproof O-rings are not a concern. Is that correct?