No replies to this topic

#1 rth97601

rth97601

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

Hi folks!

In the years since I last was on the forums, I have been without a concertina--I sold my Jackie in a clear-out (too many instruments, and it was mostly gathering dust) and intended to leave the squeezeboxes behind forever.

Then I sort of accidentally on-purpose ended up winning an e-bay auction for a Stagi A-18 in good shape (a $200-or-so just-in-case bid took it).

It's neat, and I quite like it, but it's also a little different, particularly in the way it fits the hands. 

What little skill I had with the Jackie has pretty much rusted all away anyway, so I'm essentially starting entirely over.

I've done my forum research, and have found the PDFs of the layouts and scales posted by Delbert Blacketter and Dennis Gentofte (via Ladyhealer), and these have been a great visual reference (Thank You!). I also have plenty of books of tin whistle tunes and other trad tunes that are pitched in the right key and range, but a good general tutor that doesn't run at cross purposes with the mini layout would be nice too. 

Any recommendations on this one?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users