20 replies to this topic

#19 Geoff Wooff

Geoff Wooff

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2097 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:17 PM

Whilst I am used to reaching down to buttons that are under my palms on the English, ( and yes almost playing them with the nail side of a finger... though certainly at a very acute angle), the use of extra height on the duet hand rails was something I tried to good effect.

Yes I am more interested in playing comfortably within a reasonable range than trying to hit both ends of the keyboard at once. All the recordings for 'tune of the month' were of newly learned tunes quickly arranged and recorded on a sunday afternoon and only rely on past experiences rather than long perfected arrangements of the pieces.

Edited by Geoff Wooff, 13 September 2016 - 12:40 PM.

#20 KelTekgolow

KelTekgolow

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:55 AM

Just one thought about a gangleon.Dont self treat buy show it to your doctor .Mine has turned out to be a growth of bone very painfull as the nerve of the hand runs over the top giving me like  little electric shocks when I move my hand . I have arthritus and also wear hand support which could only have been made for a concertina player,see below .No fun getting older .Bob

Attached Thumbnails

• aa.jpg
  • bb.jpg

#21 Steve Griffiths

Steve Griffiths

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:44 AM

Thanks for the advice and general thoughts on this topic.

I have gone over to a Maccann duet now, which seems more comfortable. It is going to take a while to get fluent but, hey, I took up the concertina as a challenge and a project anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users