• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ollie

Ollie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

Just tried to access the forum from my iPhone (5s, running iOS 8, using Safari), and the mobile site wouldn't work. I got the home page, with all the various forums on it, but whenever I click on one, I get an error message. I was also unable to request the desktop site (which would work perfectly fine on my phone - I use the standard site when browsing melodeon.net on my phone), so had no way of accessing it. Not sure if this is a known problem, or whether it's just me, but I thought I'd flag it up. 

#2 blue eyed sailor

blue eyed sailor

Ineluctable Opinionmaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2545 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

Hi Ollie, it is known, and there are workarounds (which still are quite unsatisfactory), best suggestion is to avoid the mobile site which can by done by replacing Safari through Mercury, using the Chrome user-agent, maybe Firefox or IE agents will do the trick as well).

Best wishes - Wolf

#3 David Barnert

David Barnert

Ineluctable Opinionmaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3051 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:26 AM

I was also unable to request the desktop site...

Until recently I had a 4S, now I have a 6+. The [Full Version] button at the bottom of the mobile page works fine on both using Safari.

#4 blue eyed sailor

blue eyed sailor

Ineluctable Opinionmaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2545 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:57 AM

David, yes, the button works fine, if only it would secure the "full version" for more than just the current session...  :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users