24Th German-Concertina-Meeting, 27Th To 29Th March 2015

I just finished the page for the next annual German concertina meeting ( German and English ).

( Hopefully ) there you will find all the details. Check it out!

http://www.concertinas.de

We are normally a crowd of 30 to 40 players from Germany and the rest of Europe <_< There are a few teachers around who will care for the needs of the various systems and skills of the participants. And there will be a lot of social playing going on - including "German session-tunes" from the newly discovered Dahlhoff-collection!

post-7162-0-02163800-1417117399_thumb.jpg

2014's happy crowd...

• 3 months later...

Now less than a month away and I understand from Robert that there are still places available for all styles and systems. I'd just like to add that I will be doing my usual "anglo for the non Irish": tunes, song accompaniment, chords workshop, even classical stuff if anybody's interested. It would be great to see more UK based players this year - last year we had a hoard of Viking morris dancers turn up. I've always found this weekend to be very inspiring and it's great to see the host of different ways our instruments can be used.

All details are here: http://www.concertinas.de/meeting.htm

Adrian

• 1 month later...

We really have to say "Thank you!" to Robbie once again for another great Concertina meeting, with playing and listening to Michael Möllers' amazing and intriguing Dahlhoff discoveries, Adrian's teaching being likewise valuable and amiable, a fantastic final concert - and so many more...!

See you all in the next year! Wolf

Yes, thank you Robert for the wonderful weekend. Thanks to all the teachers and thanks to the fellow players, there were enlightening conversations and a lot of beautiful music to listen to. The melodies still ring in my ear...

Just like to add my voice in thanks to Robert and the crew for another memorable weekend in the Wendland. Great playing, inspiring conversation as well as the pleasure of discovering the Dahlhoff repertoire - all on top of the excellent accommodation and nourishment. To crown it all, the addition of a Sunday night concert this year for the local populace (and us) was an inspired move. Hoping to get the sleep deficit back to normal by the end of the week... (and that of Rufus!)

Thanks again and see you next year.

Adrian