4 replies to this topic

#1 Marcus

Marcus

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

It occurs to me that rather than acquiring a C/G with more buttons I would have been better off picking up a G/D with the same amount!

This is a wonderful instrument with real concertina reeds - steel in brass shoes.  Eight fold bellows - metal ends.  Hook and spring action that is responsive and quiet.

If interested please PM me - I will not be listing this concertina anywhere else.

I would keep this concertina, my Cover and my Stagi if I could justify the purchase of another concertina in G/D!

#2 MatthewVanitas

MatthewVanitas

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Out of curiosity, are you fixing to actually pick up a G/D, or just reflecting that it would've been the best call? ;)

Are you reckoning to get a Morse Ceili in G/D, or which? I've had some interest off and on in getting a G/D as it might be more intuitive to me (as a 1-row D melodeon player) than the whole all-over-the-rows modern C/G style of play.

I'm sure Wim has some reason for not yet offering a G/D "Rocky" counterpart to his C/G "Rochelle" model (like how for ECs there's the Jackie and Jack), but it is too bad for the G/D platform that the only <$1000 option is the Stagi.

#3 Marcus

Marcus

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

I think If I was offered the right amount for the Willie van Wyk I would then order a Ceili in G/D -possibly with an additional drone button on the left thumb and an extra bellows fold to give a little more air for those deeper notes.  Maybe I'll strike it rich and be able to have both!

#4 sqzbxr

sqzbxr

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

Better check with the Button Box, neither a drone nor 7-fold bellows are listed as options.

#5 Marcus

Marcus

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

Ah - but I know they've done it before!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Willie van Wyk, C/G, 40 button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users