2 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Lusk

Bob Lusk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

I'm still trying to sell my Jones Anglo concertina.  I'll be at the gathering in Massachusetts this Saturday if anyone wants to try it.    Also have a good quality 2 row I had from Chris Alger a few years ago.   It's a no name but has real concertina reeds.  Was repaired by David Leese at one time.  Mahongany ends.  Asking $700.

Jones 3 row Anglo – 30 buttons.  6 fold bellows.   I believe this is what they call a broad reed concertina – good for song accompaniment.  Bought from Chris Alger 6 years ago – serviced at Button Box 3 years ago, it is in good working condition.    1 button, the C# on the 3rd row is in an unusual position. Not played much recently as I switched to English.

A/F A/Bb C#/Eb A/G G#/Bb C/Eb G#/A C#/Bb A/F C/Eb

Asking $1400 or would be willing to trade for a comparable English concertina. It will come in a padded bag. Will make the usual donation to concertina.net if it is sold here. 

Bob Lusk

845-594-4412

#2 Anglo-Irishman

Anglo-Irishman

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1473 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

I'm still trying to sell my Jones Anglo concertina.   1 button, the C# on the 3rd row is in an unusual position. Not played much recently as I switched to English.

A/F A/Bb C#/Eb A/G G#/Bb C/Eb G#/A C#/Bb A/F C/Eb

Bob,

It's not just that the C# on the third row RH is unusual! It's also unusual to have a press A on the first button LH (beside the press A on the adjacent button), and two press Cs (rather than C#s) on the same buttons as the E-flats RH.

Ar you sure there's no typo in your posting?

Cheers,

John

#3 Bob Lusk

Bob Lusk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

John - You are so right - It has been so long since I played this, I was going by something I had typed some years ago.   Just sat down with a tuner and what I get now is

E/F  A/Bb  C#/Eb  A/G  G#/Bb  C#/Eb  Ab/G  C#/Bb  A/F  C/Eb

When I think of how long I spent studying the Anglo, I'm mortified to admit I can't play note 1 on it anymore.

Bob

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anglo, concertina, anglo concertina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users