• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 toronto-antiques

toronto-antiques

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Any information would be appreciated. How old is this concertina and how much is it worth in this condition? It seems to work although a couple of buttons are worn off and the paper on the bellows is worn a bit on the edges. Thank you for your assistance. 006.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.JPG
  • 003.JPG
  • 004.JPG
  • 005.JPG

#2 Daniel Hersh

Daniel Hersh

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

It's German-made, most likely from the late 1800's. It's not worth restoring as a playing instrument - players want the English-made ones. A collector might want it for the swan decoration. I'd guess $100-$200 US if you can find an interested collector.

Any information would be appreciated. How old is this concertina and how much is it worth in this condition? It seems to work although a couple of buttons are worn off and the paper on the bellows is worn a bit on the edges. Thank you for your assistance. 006.JPG

#3 Theo

Theo

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1432 posts
  • Location:Gateshead, England. Land of the Angel of the North!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

That seems a very high price for an unrestored German concertina. In the Uk similar instruments tend to fetch 20 to 50.

#4 toronto-antiques

toronto-antiques

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

It's German-made, most likely from the late 1800's. It's not worth restoring as a playing instrument - players want the English-made ones. A collector might want it for the swan decoration. I'd guess $100-$200 US if you can find an interested collector.

Thank you for the reply. Any reasonable offers would be considered. Thanks.

#5 Daniel Hersh

Daniel Hersh

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

That seems a very high price for an unrestored German concertina. In the Uk similar instruments tend to fetch 20 to 50.

I have seen attractive ones go for more than that.

#6 toronto-antiques

toronto-antiques

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

I would be willing to sell it for $50 plus shipping. I live in Toronto, Canada. Thanks.

#7 toronto-antiques

toronto-antiques

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

I would be willing to sell it for $50 plus shipping. I live in Toronto, Canada. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users