4 replies to this topic

#1 Roger Digby

Roger Digby

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

I've been asked by my friends at the East Anglian Traditional Music Trust to post up the following notice:

Just to let you know that there are still some spaces available in the concertina workshops on the Melodeons and More day on 24th March, organised by the East Anglian Traditional Music Trust.

The event takes place, as usual, in Mendlesham in mid Suffolk, and as well as the workshops there are trade stalls, sessions and an evening Squeezebox Special concert.

Places are available in the following classes:
∑ "Putting Life into your Music" (concertina only) with Martyn White (morning)
∑ "Tunes with Space" - schottisches and waltzes (melodeons and concertinas welcome) with Gavin Atkin (morning)
∑ "Private Parts and Major Chords" (concertina band) with Gavin Atkin (afternoon)

The evening concert features Issy Emeney, Gavin and Julie Atkin, Matt Quinn, Ed rennie and Alex Goldmsith, and tickets are available separately or you can combine with a workshop ticket for the best value.

Full details, ticket prices and a booking form are on the website at www.eatmt.org.uk If youíre interested, donít delay, as some of these classes are nearly full.

I've not been to this event for a year or two, but I've always enjoyed it when I have attended.

Best wishes,
Roger

#2 Steve_freereeder

Steve_freereeder

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

There is also the absolute beginners anglo concertina workshop during the afternoon. The allocation of places with loan instruments is completely full, but there is space if you have your own C/G anglo or can borrow one.

Edited by Steve_freereeder, 08 March 2012 - 09:07 PM.

#3 Leo

Leo

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1766 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

EATMT - Showcase - March 2012
http://www.youtube.c...qUrz3I#t=10m20s

The melodeons are at the beginning of the clip. I just started it later with the concertinas. Nice concert.

Thanks
Leo B)

#4 SteveS

SteveS

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

Whenever I see 'EATMT Melodeons and More' I read 'EATME Melodeons and More' :P - must go and get a sandwich.

#5 LDT

LDT

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

I spotted myself in that video...with melodeon face. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users