2 replies to this topic

#1 saguaro_squeezer

saguaro_squeezer

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

I have a little 35 button Crane and Sons (Lachenal) Crane that I got from Dr Bones. It has a nice, Lachenal voice but runs out of breath very quickly when grabbing handfulls of buttons on both sides. It could benefit with a couple of extra folds. I know that Greg has a fairly tight schedule right now. Does anyone have any suggesstions for others who may do bellows work?

Thaks for any help. It's a nice little instrument and worth keeping around.

#2 Daniel Hersh

Daniel Hersh

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1971 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

I have a little 35 button Crane and Sons (Lachenal) Crane that I got from Dr Bones. It has a nice, Lachenal voice but runs out of breath very quickly when grabbing handfulls of buttons on both sides. It could benefit with a couple of extra folds. I know that Greg has a fairly tight schedule right now. Does anyone have any suggesstions for others who may do bellows work?

You might try Bob Tedrow.

#3 JimLucas

JimLucas

Ineluctable Opinionmaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9146 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

What about getting a completely new bellows from David Leese and putting it on yourself? Easier than trying to match the quality of the now-aged original materials for consistent performance, I would think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users