8 replies to this topic

#1 new english

new english

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hi guys I am looking for a restored concert pitch Mcann duet concertina for a most irritating friend that has fallen in love with my duet concertina!!
I think this is probably illegal if not itís certainly immoral to covert a manís concertina LOL he is the least practical man I have ever met and wants a fully playable instrument that needs no work I thought I would ask here before suggesting the usual shops
Tony

Ps Iím still looking for a fixer upper for me to learn the mechanics tuning etc

#2 SteveS

SteveS

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

Hi guys I am looking for a restored concert pitch Mcann duet concertina for a most irritating friend that has fallen in love with my duet concertina!!
I think this is probably illegal if not itís certainly immoral to covert a manís concertina LOL he is the least practical man I have ever met and wants a fully playable instrument that needs no work I thought I would ask here before suggesting the usual shops
Tony

Ps Iím still looking for a fixer upper for me to learn the mechanics tuning etc

Take a look at this one

#3 Mike Franch

Mike Franch

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

I followed the link to the Ebay listing out of curiosity (I play EC). The starting point struck me as surprisingly low. I know that there are not a huge number of McCann players out there, but I would have thought that the starting price would have been way higher.

#4 SteveS

SteveS

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

I followed the link to the Ebay listing out of curiosity (I play EC). The starting point struck me as surprisingly low. I know that there are not a huge number of McCann players out there, but I would have thought that the starting price would have been way higher.

Someone may get a bargain - but there may be a last second rush in bidding.

#5 new english

new english

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

Hi Guys I have seen the Wheatstone McCann 58 thatís on eBay but Iím rather taken by the smaller Wheatstone 46 button I have
it has a nice small comfortable feel and mastering it is going to take at least 20years with only 46 buttons LOL
My friend martin (a double bass player ) loves the portability and feel of my 46 Wheatstone and he really wants a similar smaller type
concertina

Thanks
Tony

#6 Ivan Viehoff

Ivan Viehoff

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:07 AM

My wooden ended 46-key Lachenal I mentioned to you previously is still available.

#7 Ivan Viehoff

Ivan Viehoff

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:15 AM

I think the seller knows that he is selling something special that is bound to attract interest from serious buyers. The risk of it going for a silly low price is small. On the other hand, having confidence, activity and movement. in the auction helps get a good price, and that is best achieved by not having a high starting price.

#8 John Pearse

John Pearse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:36 AM

I have a restored 46 key and have sent you a PM with more info. John

#9 Dirge

Dirge

Ineluctable Opinionmaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2538 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Someone may get a bargain - but there may be a last second rush in bidding.

£2150. A decent price for such a beast, I'd have thought. Sylvia should be pleased.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users